chowhound needs help

Options
Hi, just wondering how often they ask you for weight as i have already lost 2 pounds since I started a day ago and would like to see it in my report. When does the report change. This is so fun!!! Who ever knew that eating less could work? haha

Replies

• beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wondering how often they ask you for weight as i have already lost 2 pounds since I started a day ago and would like to see it in my report. When does the report change. This is so fun!!! Who ever knew that eating less could work? haha
  • dadslittlegirl
    Options
    HI, You can weigh in anytime you want to. It changes everytime you weigh in. Cool huh! This is a great site. It's help me a lot! If you want you can add me as a friend.
  • 2bfitornot2b
    Options
    you can enter your weight anytime you wish. Just go to My Home - Check in - and update your weight then it will calculate it in your reports.

Enjoy!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome. Chowhound, you are not alone. You can update your weight any time you want. Some people do it once a week, others more or less often. The Women 50+ group is doing a March challenge where we set goals for the month so even though I think I'm losing this month:bigsmile: I'm not going to report until March 31. Take the time to explore the whole site. There's a place to get answers to FAQ and if you have a question you can post it and someone will answer you.

MFP has been great for me. Before I found it, I had started my journey by planning three meals and a snack each day and sticking to the plan. Once I started tracking calories and nutrients I modified my meals to fit the calorie and nutrient range (I gave up PBJ on thick bread and high sodium canned veggies and processed food). :sad: My approach to this has been to take it one day at a time and take baby steps.

I wish you great success.:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I update my weight on Tuesday and Friday, my formal weigh in days.
    (And other days if I see a huge drop, hee hee. :wink: )
  • beyondchowhound
    Options
    Thanks, I did what you said and am on my way. It's been only 6 days and I have lost 4.5 pounds. Love the site because it doesn't tell you what to eat or how to excercise. It's simple. Thanks for you help.
  • beyondchowhound
    Options
    Thanks Barbie. Love the picture of your dog. Love this site. Wish I had joined earlier. I have given up free pouring olive oil on my salad and slathering my bread in what probably was 3 tsp. of butter, now I use one. I would free pour cream in my coffee and now measure in a tbsp. I find I am measuring everything and it works well and soon I won't have to measure but for the time being I am as I always thought more was better and it takes some getting used to. I have lost 4.5 pounds in 6 days. Fantastic.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Chowhound,

I love your picture. is that you when you were a child?

I'm connected to a MFP group called 50+women. this is the link to find our thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43180-50-women-for-the-month-of-march

We are each setting goals for the month of March and checking in with each other regularly. Join us, it's a friendly and supportive group.

When I lost 5 pounds I bought myself a present----a food scale and new measuring spoons and cups. I love them. they keep me focused and on track.
  • beyondchowhound
    Options
    Yes that is my picture as a child. I am 58 now and will maybe check out your website. I just joined this and lost 4.5 in 6 days but on the 6 th evening, got depressed and ate everything in sight. Next day I was up 2 pounds. I am back on track now and hopefully that evening will be history. Thanks for your letter!