Are you thinking about a Tough Mudder event?

Options
Hey everyone! I have done two events already and I am signed up for a third since I loved them so much. For those of you thinking about entering one of these events, check this out! Tough Mudder was voted the best adventure race in 2011 and I think also in 2010.

I hope this pushes a few of you to sign up that are on the fence about it! They are a ton of fun!

http://travlete.com/2012/01/09/2011-best-adventure-series/

Replies

• SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Preregistered for October in Va!!! Woot!!!!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I want to do one, waiting for it at the end of the year in Tampa.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about it.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    It’s ALL I’m thinking about this week, mate! T-minus 4 days…tick- tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

Assuming this one will be as fun as I anticipate, I will be looking at conquering in other states. Co, Ca, Tx are on the hit list; plus there will be Vegas, Hawaii, and New Orleans in the near future!
  • ShannonMarie81
    Options
    Have def. been thinking about doing one of there events!! Did a warrior dash last year and am signed up again for this year. Completely loved it...but I know Tough Mudder is much much harder!! Working my way up to it FOR SURE!!
  • mjuckie
    mjuckie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Where in va?
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm preregistered for Columbus, but they haven't announced the date yet, so I'm hoping it will work with my schedule. I'm really hoping it will.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    PA in May!
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maybe one soon
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    PA in May as well. Saturday the 12 at 1130 i think.
    PA in May!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for them to announce the one in my area.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    yes! never done it... waiting for date to be set in Miami
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Completed my first Tough Mudder this past Saturday in Phoenix. 12.5 miles of awesome! I highly recommend it. The comraderie is amazing. If you have the mental toughness, your body will get you through it.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    All signed up and training hard for the Indiana TM in March!! We've got a team of 6 (3 girls/3 guys) and it's our last hurrah before we all move to different corners of the world 2 weeks later. SO excited!!!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Whistler in June!! Can't wait, never done this before but I am definitely looking forward to it! Need to get my arm strength up though, good thing I have time!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely considering the one in VA this September... am going to see if I can coerce some of my friends/coworkers into joining me!

For those who have already done one - just how tough are they?
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This looks AWESOME.
    http://toughmudder.com/
    The video. Oh god. Awesome.
  • neutralize
    neutralize Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Training for a Mud Run soon, would love to do a TM later on!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I also did the Tough Mudder AZ event 2 weeks ago. Good times and quite challenging.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I really, really want to do it... But why do they use electricity?!? It's my biggest fear, I can't even stand static :(