why am I not hungry??

Options
I dont get it.....I have been burning 600+ calories a day for the last week and just havent been hungry. I have been forcing myseelf to eat my calories. My husband thinks I am doing it all wrong. He thinks I am worrying too much about my calories. But everytime I ask the same question I am told I NEED to eat those??? Help.

Replies

• amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    I dont get it.....I have been burning 600+ calories a day for the last week and just havent been hungry. I have been forcing myseelf to eat my calories. My husband thinks I am doing it all wrong. He thinks I am worrying too much about my calories. But everytime I ask the same question I am told I NEED to eat those??? Help.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yep, you do need them. If you're a bit short everyday that's ok, but you need at least some of them. Maybe try eating more earlier in the day. Also try adding healthy, higher calorie foods, that way you're eating less for the same amount of calories.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I personally don't eat my exercise calories and I have been losing weight consistantly.I burn up to 1200 caloies a day 7 days a week.I eat some of my exercise cals back only when I am hungry and its usually only 200-300 of those cals.In my opinion just listen to your body and do what works best for you.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I personally don't eat my exercise calories and I have been losing weight consistantly.I burn up to 1200 caloies a day 7 days a week.I eat some of my exercise cals back only when I am hungry and its usually only 200-300 of those cals.In my opinion just listen to your body and do what works best for you.

of course you're losing weight, you're practically eating in the negative. just because something causes weight loss, doesn't make it a good idea.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Make certain you are eating at least 1200 calories a day.
    I find I have triggers that make me hungrier or less hungry.
    Emotional stressors and cold weather = HUNGRY ALL THE TIME
    Emotional stability and warm weather = eh, Not So Hungry
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    when I don't see any progress I only eat 1/2 not all of my earned calories.
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    How many calories are you set for? 1200? Are you sure you are burning 600? Do you have a heart rate monitor or just going by the machine or the number in mfp?

I wish I had the problem of not being able to eat all of my calories :grumble: I even have mine set at 1450 and I have no problem what so ever eating all of them healthily with no cakes or cookies as fillers, but I have an office job so I am always at my desk snacking :laugh:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Well it has been approved by my doctor and I am eating healthy and strength training as well.I am not saying by any means what other people on here are doing is wrong but I think that everyone needs to get advice from there doctor first before starting a program.My doctor prescirbed this one and its working for me.All I was saying is do what works best for you and if eating all your exercise cals works do it by all means if not do what works for your body.
  • amccarville
    Options
    ok.......so still not sure on what to do. I found that when I worked out all the time and didnt eat all that much I wasnt losing but maybe a pound here and there. I am always eating at least 1200 a day. I think I will try and keep doing what I am doing, which is eating most of my exercise cal. and see what happens on weigh in day.....which is tomorrow......great now i am nervous.
  • amccarville
    Options
    How many calories are you set for? 1200? Are you sure you are burning 600? Do you have a heart rate monitor or just going by the machine or the number in mfp?

I wish I had the problem of not being able to eat all of my calories :grumble: I even have mine set at 1450 and I have no problem what so ever eating all of them healthily with no cakes or cookies as fillers, but I have an office job so I am always at my desk snacking :laugh:

I do not have a hrm....yet. going to get one just havent. i go off what my eliptical tells me.
  • BuffetMolester
    Options
    what is a hrm?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hiya ...I wouldnt force myself to eat the extra calories if I wasnt hungry ...perhaps talk to your doctor I can only go by what my physician advised me and that was to stick to 1200-1400 a day and dont eat back my excercise calories..you have to decide which path is best for you...he told me if I was hungry sure I can go over 1400 but not by too much and I must make them healthy options...listen to your body eat when your hungry and space out meals ...I wish you much success!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

good advice lady:flowerforyou: