New, 1st Week Done - 3 pounds down!

Options
Hi everybody!

I started here a week ago and am down three pounds - yay! I've not dieted or exercised before. Never thought I'd track food - seemed overwhelming to me - but it's been a breeze here, an eye-opener and helpful! My pants are looser and that is motivating me to add some exercise in.

Start 30-Day Shred Today - oh, Lordy :)

Not doing any particular diet, just watching what I eat. Made some cabbage soup that I've been having for lunch. I do like it and it's just 60 calories (!!), so that's helping.

Anyway, I'm 48, mom of two teen girls. Would like to be a better role model for them and have them be proud of me! Would like to eventually drop 30 pounds, but we will see how it goes!

I'm in Texas, DFW area. Have a great rest of your week!

Replies

• skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa - My name's Sue! Welcome aboard! 3 pounds - that's awesome. We are about the same for weight loss goal - I would like to lose 35 lbs. Add me if you would like more support. I started the JM 30 DS yesterday morning....it's short so you can live through it LOL You will really feel it though! My goal is to it every morning and then go to the gym at night. I started here a couple of weeks ago but got really "started" this past Monday. My husband travels for work and is now down by Brownsville TX for 4-6 months. My goal is to go see him the end of Feb and want there to be less of me to see!!!

Send me a friend request if you would like to....:) Happy Losing
    Sue
  • Melissa12012
    Options
    Hi Sue!! LOL about excited for your DH to see less of you :):) That's what I figured on the 30-Day Shred - seemed short enough I could make it through - lol! Was reading up on the boards yesterday and hear everyone's sore for the first three days - maybe I'll just pop an Advil those three mornings to power through :)

Great to meet you and off to add you!