My Fitness Pal vs Weight Watchers

I have to say, I have given up on Weight Watchers and have devoted my time to this site. I am finding its much easier and more convenient to keep everything logged into myfitnesspal.com. I am hoping I can reach my goal weight by April 3rd of this year which is 140 pounds. I still have 21.5 pounds to go! I can do it!

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• BlondeViki
    BlondeViki Posts: 33 Member
    Snap!
    I was doing WW online, but once I had got more used to the principles of healthy eating and got a better idea of portion sizes, I realised I was paying for a service that MFP provides for free!
    Good luck with your weight loss goals :)
  • I was doing WW Online for awhile (on and off) and recently tried My Fitness Pal. MFP gets my vote now! It totally works for me (accountability, tracking calories, tracking exercise, support and encouragement). However, I have friends that need the in person support and they go to WW meetings -- that works for them. It depends on the individual needs really. Plus MFP is FREE and better!
  • I prefer MFP because its free! LOL....It's a similar concept as WW online, but its' definetely not WW online. I'd still recommend this site to anyone.
  • Same here. I was also doing WW with meetings. Just joined MFP yesterday after restarting my diet on Sunday and thought that there was no point doing WW.
  • LWriter
    LWriter Posts: 50
    I totally agree with you! I feel this food data base is SO much better than Weight Watchers. I also like seeing how much sodium I'm taking in each day--I think that really affects my weigh ins.

Love it!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Weight Watchers is good for people who have no idea what they are doing right or wrong and need someone to do it for them.
    MFP works great for those of us who have had some experience.
  • I agree that WW is not all it's cut out to be. I have tried it off and on for years and years and then I found this site! You over pay for the same thing that MFP teaches you. As long as you are actually tracking the portion size that you took in, you will be a success. WW is nice if you need the in-person support, but I found it to get old and repetitive after attending meetings for a long period of time. I have noticed that the message boards on MFP are more support friendly than they were on WW. I experience a lot of non-supportive criticism on WW. People were just so mean if they didn't think you should be posting something or if they thought you were asking a silly question.

I would/will most definitely stick to supporting MFP now since I have had my experiences with WW.

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Weight Watchers is good for people who have no idea what they are doing right or wrong and need someone to do it for them.
    MFP works great for those of us who have had some experience.

This is exactly how I feel! Since I know what healthy eating is and what a reasonable portion is there was no point in paying WW to tell me to "lather rinse repeat" no ****...thats what they told us at my first and last meeting back LMAO! I love the community here and I don't have to rush around on my lunch break to make a meeting!

I have learned 5 times more stuff on MFP than I ever did in WW's....with the exception of some of the most amazing cheater desserts I learned about from a foodaholic trainer!
  • divegyrl
    divegyrl Posts: 10 Member
    >snip<....with the exception of some of the most amazing cheater desserts I learned about from a foodaholic trainer!
    Do share! I'm finding I have a bit of a craving for desserts ATM! :embarassed: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • I agree that WW is not all it's cut out to be. I have tried it off and on for years and years and then I found this site! You over pay for the same thing that MFP teaches you. As long as you are actually tracking the portion size that you took in, you will be a success. WW is nice if you need the in-person support, but I found it to get old and repetitive after attending meetings for a long period of time. I have noticed that the message boards on MFP are more support friendly than they were on WW. I experience a lot of non-supportive criticism on WW. People were just so mean if they didn't think you should be posting something or if they thought you were asking a silly question.

I would/will most definitely stick to supporting MFP now since I have had my experiences with WW.

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!

You are right about the online WW forums!!! Those ladies could be outright brutal!! I had a "conflct" with one or two ladies on the site within the first 1 or 2 days.... They are very territorial and click-like on the forum.