Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and red wine
    raw cashews, dried cherries and chocolate chips
  • jayjaybee1015
    Options
    Four of the Special Dark Hershey's Kisses.
  • misskirsty_b
    Options
    dark chocolate here too :)
  • msloann7
    Options
    Special K chocolaty delight cereal
  • MarinaPacheco
    MarinaPacheco Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Frozen medjool dates. Weird but they take forever to eat and they're soooo sweet.

Oh I like the sound of that I'm definitely going to try it!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I love gummy bears and sour patch kids.
    1. Tart dried cherries. Emphasis on the tart, sweet cherries are not as good. These ones are amazing. They taste like the best fruit snacks ever. I have a small handful with some almonds. Also, great for oatmeal.
    2. a truffle or square of chocolate. I love to stop at the chocolate shop and just buy one truffle (or some hot coco)
    3. Tea. The ones that are dessert flavors. Add a little sweetener and milk and you feel like you are having, cookies, ice cream or whatever. Chocolate flavored, or vanilla, or hazelnut or caramel are my favorites.
    4. Tangerines or kumquats. Their sweet tart flavor remind me of the best features of gummy candies
    5. ANd if I have to have something processed: cliff kids twisted fruit or fruit roll up brand simply fruit twists. These are excellent to solve the sweet tart craving and only have 55-70 calories.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I suspect there's one or two of us here who might admit eating an excess of sweets has contributed to our bodies that are clearly to short for our weight. :wink:

I'm curious as to what each of us does to help curb or satiate the urges. In my case, I have a container of Black Forrest Gummy Bears sitting on my desk at work. If one just chews or sucks slowly you can make one piece (8.5 calories) last for quite some time which in turn takes my mind off of the "need" for candy. For so few calories per “bear” I think it's a pretty cheap way of maintaining control. :tongue:

Any other ideas that are working for "Ya all"?

Nothing will or would work for me AT ALL, apart from cutting out sweets completely.

I adore sweets, I love them so much I could quite easily forego all other food if I could just eat sweets all day.

If I were to start eating just one or two, it escalates, my willpower goes to pot and before I know it, I am buying sweets morning, noon and night and the weight starts to creep back on. That's why I am now trying to lose weight.

No, the only way I curb the sweet-tooth is to grit my teeth and purposely ignore cravings for sweets for the first two or three days and then the craving seems to disappear. If I were to have just one or two now though...... it would be a bad move for me.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers ice cream. GREAT stuff!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Extra dessert gum :)
  • kwehkweh
    kwehkweh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Chocolate whey protein, 1 cup vanilla almond milk, ice, blend, YUMMO!
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nestle has hot chocolate that's only like 80 calories a cup (with water) That normally does it for me. Also, a piece of dark chocolate and water (I like water and chocolate together for some reason!?)
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    no added sugar strawberry jelly. 3 cals!!
  • unsweetened almond milk with some fat free whipped cream on top :)
  • bunnyhawk
    bunnyhawk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dried prunes or cranberries.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. I eat Turkey Hill extreme cookies and cream at 140 cals per serving daily.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It's a new thing for me, but I'm trying out the Yoplait Whips! Chocolate Mousse style treats. It's just enough chocolate to knock the craving off, but I don't feel too bad about it. It's a learning process. I'm open to suggestions!

Oh, I freeze them, so it's almost like ice cream.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

Wine Gums are pretty good too.

Dark chocolate.

I was very disappointed when I discovered wine gums contain no wine.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but a bit of dark chocolate is perfect when I want something sweet.
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Mini jawbreakers!
  • whitec3
    Options
    Jell-O dark chocolate mouse temptations- 60 calories and sooooo good!
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, dark chocolate, luna bars, and some recently-discovered coconut milk mini fudge bars (only 70 calories each and insanely good).