Hi Everyone!

Hi!

My name is Meagan and I just joined yesterday. Like so many of you, I have always struggled with my weight. Weighing as much as I do is definitely not helping my skating either. I have tried different diets and they worked, but after I stopped the diet, I gained the weight back. I'm here to change the way I eat and get into a good exercise habit. I joined MFP to gain some support and see what is working for others- maybe whatever is working for you will work for me too!

~Meagan

Replies

• Hi!

My name is Meagan and I just joined yesterday. Like so many of you, I have always struggled with my weight. Weighing as much as I do is definitely not helping my skating either. I have tried different diets and they worked, but after I stopped the diet, I gained the weight back. I'm here to change the way I eat and get into a good exercise habit. I joined MFP to gain some support and see what is working for others- maybe whatever is working for you will work for me too!

~Meagan
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • Thank you!:smile:
  • :love: I just started using MFP on Friday last week. I am really enjoying it. I have been watching my diet and exercise for about 4 weeks and lost 3 pounds. I'm a little frustrated with my progress so I was looking for something that would let me know how many calories I was consuming in a day. I think that I was eating too little and my body was hanging onto everything it could. Now that I can track it mathematically I find myself eating more and not being hungry like before and now I think the weight is coming off. I know that's true that sometimes you go into a starvation mode, but I didn't really believe it, til I saw how few calories I was consuming. I really am amazed at all the foods that are already in the database and it's very helpful to track the calories in and calories out. I am training for a 1/2 marathon in September so I have to really work hard.
    163317.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I think I had the same problem with eating too little. I love how big the database is too- its so helpful to see the nutritional values for so many different foods that don't have the label on the package. It's also nice that the database has so many different brands and nutritional values for foods from restaurants. Good luck at the marathon! I really admire those who train for marathons because it takes so much drive and will power to keep training even when it seems so out of reach.
    :smile:
  • Ryanmcgrim
    Ryanmcgrim Posts: 7 Member
    Welcome,

And good luck. i know that MFP has been the only thing to work for me, because its not an on again off again fad, its just the process of monitoring what you put in your body, which makes it much more manageable, and makes bad decisions tougher to make. Wish you luck on your double toe whatnots, sounds pretty impressive,

Later on,

Ryan
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Hi Meagan! :flowerforyou:

Welcome and good luck on a journey to a healthier you. Don't be shy to post any questions or concerns you may have and the wonderful people on the boards will answer. :flowerforyou:
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Welcome!! MFP has worked well for me, although I have only been on a week...This is not just another diet fad, but a way to change your life for the better. You'll find everyone here very helpful and kind. Best to you!!! Rick
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you everyone! I do already love this site! It seems like such a great community here. Everyone is so nice and supportive!:smile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Hi and welcome!! I just joined today so i'm super new but so far it seems like a great place for weight loss support!

:flowerforyou: