I have return and need help!!

Options
I have returned from a very stressful 2008. I am trying to get my priorties straight again, because in 2008 I lost 30 pounds total. Since November 2008, I have gained 12 pounds back and boy, I can feel it. So I am going to try to count calories again with the help of my friends on myfitnesspal website!!

My motivation is completely gone! I don't know where to start. I have a problem of "nervous" eating. It seems like I am hungry all of the time. As some of you know, I am a full-time employee, full-time mom with three children (16, 13, 7), part-time college student, and a full-time wife LOL. Where can I find time for me???:cry:

Replies

• sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I have returned from a very stressful 2008. I am trying to get my priorties straight again, because in 2008 I lost 30 pounds total. Since November 2008, I have gained 12 pounds back and boy, I can feel it. So I am going to try to count calories again with the help of my friends on myfitnesspal website!!

My motivation is completely gone! I don't know where to start. I have a problem of "nervous" eating. It seems like I am hungry all of the time. As some of you know, I am a full-time employee, full-time mom with three children (16, 13, 7), part-time college student, and a full-time wife LOL. Where can I find time for me???:cry:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    There's a wonderful group of women on here now that have started a working-mom group that I'm sure you'd find some GREAT support in!

Welcome back & good luck reaching your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you. I started last year and gave up over the holidays. I had a pretty stressfull year last year, but I just kinda of "woke up" one day last month and decided enough was enough. When everything is so crazy around me it seems like this is the one thing I can control, and I like to be in control LOL

I am a single mom to a toddler, work full time, and go to school full time, so finding time to workout was hard. I actaully started getting up at 4:45 four days a week and going to the gym for an hour before my daughter gets up. I thought I would be exhausted from getting up that early, but honestly I am no more tired on those days then on every other day :laugh:

As a wife and mother it is hard for us to be selfish, but it is time you do (well at least about this :wink: ). Make some time for yourself, maybe you can even get your kids into it with you and go for a walk or a bike ride.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I know it is hard... I really dont have much time either.. I work full time, have a 3 year old, take 19 credits in school, and have to find time for my boyfriend...

I have to work out late at night, after everyone is asleep.. I have no time to drive to the gym, so I have gotten workout videos.. I pack my lunch early in the morning, so I have nothing else to snack on thru the day... that eliminated my nervous eating