P90X (Take a look!) :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Russian1
    Russian1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X a few times as well. As stated before you won't bulk up. If you are 'out of shape' you could try doing the 'lean' version of the program (when you get the package you will understand) for the first month and then I would highly recommend switching to classic (or doubles) to see even better results. By doing lean you will get into shape to be able to handle more and you will find you aren't quite as sore. A few of friends did it this way. You just have to stay motivated in the first month if you do it this way as the results will not be as dramatic but they will be there. Modify what you need to for exercises, don't try to keep pace with the DVD if you can't. Do what you can, take a break and jump back in. Eventually you will find that you can keep up with them.

I would start with P90X before doing P90X2. I'm doing X2 now - it is different so far from the first, easier in some ways but more difficult in others. The first month you are really working on your core muscles however I think if I wouldn't have done P90X first I would be finding it more difficult than I am.

With P90X make sure you are taking in enough calories. I didn't lose weight for the first 2 months AT ALL! I was so disappointed however I had to buy new clothes as my old ones were falling off. The last month I let my diet 'go to heck' - still ate fairly healthy just pretty much all that I wanted and then the weight started to drop. I obviously had put myself into the infamous starvation mode. Overall during the program I went down from a size 10 - 8 to a 4 - 2 depending on the fit of the pant. One pair I bought was even a 0! Can't complain about that! This is why measurements are the way to go.

I think you've been given some great info by others - so I say go for it! What can you lose besides a few dollars and maybe some pounds? What you could gain is a whole new you! Good luck! And as Tony would say 'Keep pushing play. Do your best and forget the rest'.
  • bikingpanda
    bikingpanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Very informative! Thanks!:happy:
  • Karenrenee07
    Options
    I've tried both P90X and P90X2. I recommend P90X. I did this one after my first child and lost 10 pounds in a month. I am now trying Insanity - Asylum. I feel it is more female friendly. It is a lot of cardio. I've done it for a week and already lost some pounds and and couple inches on my waist. I am pretty excited. But I can testify that P90X work! It is a hard workout but its good.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Don't be consumed with pounds on the scale. Be more consumed with inches lost. With P90X, you will lose weight and inches. You will build muscle which in turn will burn more fat. It's a fantastic program. I did it last summer and saw incredible gains in overall fitness and body image. Good luck with all those taking the challenge. As Tony says in the video.....you're going to get "Supersonic X Fit!". I am starting back on the X tonight. Unfortunately, after "graduating" from my 1st X session i stopped and allowed myself to gain and lose what i worked so hard to get. Anyhow, i'm back and starting tonight. I am so looking forward to 90 days from now. And i will continue to do it afterwards....Good luck everyone!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I did P90X starting out at 5'4" and 151 and had extremely awesome results! See my ticker. Friend me if you have further questions :)
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I have P90X and have started it a few times and always end up stopping in the first month. I recently started the C25K running program with the mindset that runners are very lean and doing really well with it. My plan was to finish the running program then start up wtih P90X again (hopefully alot lighter than I am now) around summer time. After reading these posts, I kind of want to do both. Do you think it's possible to do both or do you think it would be too much? I also just joined the gym and am really looking forward to zumba and other group exercise classes. I'm new to MFP and its really motivating me to eat healthy and work out, I'm just afraid of getting bored which I think is why I never made it through the fist month on P90X before. Opinions??? Suggestions???
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can tell you from experience of being in a challenge group for P90X involving men and women, muscle growth only occurs if you are doing 2 things: A calorie surplus, and heavy weight lifting. Please dont be discouraged by a program like P90X. It is quite possible the best program available. It will tighten ALL areas of your body, you WILL lose weight fast (if you stick to a clean, healthy nutrition plan) and no you will NOT look muscular, unless you want to. Trust me, P90X will keep you sore, but you will look AMAZING in less than 90 days! Hope this helps.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    P90x2 is for those that have completed p90x, that's their pitch anyway.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I have P90X and have started it a few times and always end up stopping in the first month. I recently started the C25K running program with the mindset that runners are very lean and doing really well with it. My plan was to finish the running program then start up wtih P90X again (hopefully alot lighter than I am now) around summer time. After reading these posts, I kind of want to do both. Do you think it's possible to do both or do you think it would be too much? I also just joined the gym and am really looking forward to zumba and other group exercise classes. I'm new to MFP and its really motivating me to eat healthy and work out, I'm just afraid of getting bored which I think is why I never made it through the fist month on P90X before. Opinions??? Suggestions???

Yep you can do both! Friend me and send me a message if you want help :)
  • Honneysharma
    Honneysharma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    is the nurtition part really iportant bcoz i cant do it, i am vegitarian. i cant have meat. any advice??
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I will consider doing it. My worry is looking muscular.. I personally dont like muscular arms :/ but I would most def like to get rid of my flappy stomach and thighs :). Thats why I wanted to read about others opinions.

In a year, the most muscle a woman can gain is 12 lbs. And this is with spot on nutrition, and intense training. So you needn't worry about bulking up - it's not really in our genetic make-up to do so without supplments. You'll lose fat and tighten up, and probably see a little definition, but you certainly won't turn into She-Hulk :)
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Very informative! Thanks everyone!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    is the nurtition part really iportant bcoz i cant do it, i am vegitarian. i cant have meat. any advice??

whey protein powder (mix in water/juice/milk), eggs, nuts like almonds, salmon (if you are pescatarian), peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, cheese (NO AMERICAN CHEESE!)...here is a website for foods and protein content:

http://www.howmuchprotein.com/foods/
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Here are my results with P90X. 44lbs lost and toned and im not done yet. Hope this helps everyone!

Before-AfterP90X.jpg
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I actually have no one to borrow it from.. but i really want to try it.. now the question is which one shall i purchase.. p90x or p90x2??

go on craigs list.....
    i'm sure someone around your area is selling it used or something.....
    i got a super good one...it wasn't new....they told me they had used it for a while but it worked perfectly...
    best of all, i only paid $10.00....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!