Butt enhancing exercises

Options
I know squats are a great way to build up the butt. Are there any other ways of building muscle there to round out that area? I was not blessed with a backside and I am hoping exercise will help me a little.

Replies

• fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Split Squats, lunges, running, deadlifts.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Deep lunges. Dead lifts
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    find a mountain to hike up
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

this.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I tried this workout on Monday (see link) and absolutely loved it! I do two lower body workouts during the week, one with heavy weights / low reps and one with light weight / high reps. Seems to be working so far =)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/got-glutes.html
  • coppercurlz
    Options
    deadlifts (done properly)
    bridging
    good mornings (done properly)
    cable hip abductions
    incline leg press (if you are at a gym)
    glute machine (again, if you are at a gym)
    barbell lunges
    cable kickbacks
    floor hip extensions

cardio
    running at an incline
    some have professed that the stairmill helps...
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    oh.. and also.. if you're fortunate enough to live near the coast.. beach running barefoot. You''l hit *kitten* muscles you never knew you had
  • coppercurlz
    Options
    oh.. and also.. if you're fortunate enough to live near the coast.. beach running barefoot. You''l hit *kitten* muscles you never knew you had

^--- agreed. ;p
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    this is SO true! it kills me
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    everything you probably hate doing -- lunges and squats .. i hate both and only do them when my trainer forces me . but they do work i will admit that
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    oh yes and something else i started doing is getting an incline on the treadmill and going backwards on it . thats been good although i like the beach idea . that sounds challenging!!!!!
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    run bearfoot on the tundra. You'll develop the same muscles and you'll run much faster (burning more fat) because you want to keep those feet off the ground. Plus you tend to clinch from the cold.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    run bearfoot on the tundra. You'll develop the same muscles and you'll run much faster (burning more fat) because you want to keep those feet off the ground. Plus you tend to clinch from the cold.

Because nothing helps to perk up the bum like frostbite on your feet. :-P
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Barefoot ? I have been beach running since the weathers been so mild in Jersey and I absolutely feel it but is it better to do barefoot? I wear my sneakers now (that sand is cold!)
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options

Barefoot ? I have been beach running since the weathers been so mild in Jersey and I absolutely feel it but is it better to do barefoot? I wear my sneakers now (that sand is cold!)

It's an option. But yea, you use all the mechanics of the foot that you never use in shoes. And you're more connected to whats under your foot.

California sand is much warmer than Jersy sand I'm sure
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift. It's what many of the runway models use.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I do body pump, and the latest launch includes lunges with a jump. I don't know if it would build a butt, but it certainly caused my butt to hurt for 2 days. First time I had felt that muscle soreness.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Glad I stumbled across this, my *kitten* is practically concave!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options

It's an option. But yea, you use all the mechanics of the foot that you never use in shoes. And you're more connected to whats under your foot.

California sand is much warmer than Jersy sand I'm sure

Ok, this Indiana girl is jealous. I love the ocean. Wish I had a beach to run on. Enjoy!!
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options

What is a split squat?