Veggie breakfast on the go??? Ideas?

Options
Hi! I am a vegetarian and I am getting stuck on breakfast. My day starts early and I usually have a midmorning snack of greek yogert or oatmeal with fruit. But I need to eat something first thing and that thing has been a lot of protien bars - and I am sick of them. Does anyone have any fast on the go breakfast ideas?

Replies

• meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    my daughter has to catch the bus at 6:40 in the morning, and typically she just grabs a handful of crackers and breaks of a chunk of cheese to eat on her way to the bus stop. either that or she'll make a piece of toast and put some peanut butter on it. she hates eating so early in the morning but this gets her through until lunch.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    haha, my other daughter walked by just now and said i should add hers: she used to grab a tortilla and throw it on a plate, sprinkle a handful of shredded cheese on it, and microwave it for 1 minute. this would make the tortilla crispy and the cheese chewy. then she'd add a little chili powder, fold it in half, and eat it on the way to the bus stop.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Do you eat eggs? How about a hard boiled egg and some crackers or a tortilla shell and some cheese. I usually make up steel cut oats the night before and have that with berries, cinnamon, and agave nectar. I also do Kefir with some berries and ground flaxseed and sometimes with protein powder.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i eat micro porridge, 2mins to mix it up, 3mins in the microwave while you're getting ready and pop in a fruit/jam etc for flavouring...takes 5mins
  • CatEyes27
    Options
    I hardboil a bunch of eggs on the weekend, remove the yolk and use the whites for a quick protein thruout the week.
  • ktimer
    ktimer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Those are some good ideas! I do eat eggs so maybe I will try hardboiling some eggs.