Make sure you buy a........

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
Heart Rate Monitor. I have been riding my stationary bike since I got it and trusting that the monitor that is on the bike is correct, well I ordered a polar 6 heart rate monitor and I went yesterday and picked it up, well today I decided to use it while I rode the bike and see how accurate the bike monitor was, good thing I did wear it, I am so mad:explode: , because according to the polar 6, I burned 322 calories and according to the bike I burned 552 calories, well I have been trusting the monitor on the bike and eating the exercise calories back, so I have been eating way too many calories:explode: , I am glad that I found out now. Sorry I had to vent.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor. I have been riding my stationary bike since I got it and trusting that the monitor that is on the bike is correct, well I ordered a polar 6 heart rate monitor and I went yesterday and picked it up, well today I decided to use it while I rode the bike and see how accurate the bike monitor was, good thing I did wear it, I am so mad:explode: , because according to the polar 6, I burned 322 calories and according to the bike I burned 552 calories, well I have been trusting the monitor on the bike and eating the exercise calories back, so I have been eating way too many calories:explode: , I am glad that I found out now. Sorry I had to vent.
  • GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow! :noway: That is a huge difference! I need one of those. They are expensive though, right?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I love my HRM! It keeps me moving when I am out and about. I usually look at it and think, "Oh, I can go to 500 when I'm beat at 460. I love it!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    But even eating all those calories, look at the weight you've lost, in just 3 months, since December, right? Averaging 8 to 10 lbs a month is great, I wouldn't change a thing!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    If you look around, you can find a good deal. I think I saw that Lauryn posted today about buy.com having a sale on the Reebok one. I'll see if I can find the link.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Can you use them in the water?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Wow! :noway: That is a huge difference! I need one of those. They are expensive though, right?

I got mine for a $116.00
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Can you use them in the water?

I have a timex with chest strap that is "water resistant", but the book said it wouldn't register in the water. However, I've worn it a couple of times while swimming and a couple of times during water aerobics and it seems to work just fine. I don't wear it every time, just once every month or so, because I notice as I am getting healthier and more fit, my calories burned go down... Just like to have a relatively close count of what I'm burning periodically.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I love my HRM! It keeps me moving when I am out and about. I usually look at it and think, "Oh, I can go to 500 when I'm beat at 460. I love it!

congrats on your weight loss. You are doing great. I love my HRM too.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    But even eating all those calories, look at the weight you've lost, in just 3 months, since December, right? Averaging 8 to 10 lbs a month is great, I wouldn't change a thing!

Yes, I don't know how though. Thanks for the compliment
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    does it take into account how much you weigh as well to calculate your calories burned?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    does it take into account how much you weigh as well to calculate your calories burned?

I know the Polar F4 & F6 take into account your age, weight & sex to figure out the cals burned. Not sure about the Reebok.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    This is what worries me. I don't have one...Hmmmmmm a wedding or birthday present perhaps? :smokin:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I found this information on it, if you check below regarding features it has a personal profile which there I'm assuming you can enter your weight, etc.

The Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor provides fast, easy and accurate continuous heart rate monitoring. Its user menu mode automatically generates your fitness index and calculates your calorie count and the fat youve burned. A bike mount is included for spinners and cyclists. 1 Year Warranty from Reebok. Includes: Watch, Heart Rate Transmitter Belt, Bike Mounting Bracket, (2) CR2032 lithium batteries (already installed -- one in the watch and another in the heart rate transmitter belt), User Manual, and Warranty Documentation.

Features
    Chest Belt included for continuous heart rate
    Time/Date (12 or 24 hr.), Alarm, Chronograph, Timer
    Calorie Counter, Personal Profile, Memory
    % of Max Heart Rate, Hi/Low Alarms
    Bike Mount Included / Water Resistant to 30 meters
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    This is what worries me. I don't have one...Hmmmmmm a wedding or birthday present perhaps? :smokin:

Add it to the registry! :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

Add it to the registry! :laugh:

yeah, now there is you a great idea:laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

congrats on your weight loss. You are doing great. I love my HRM too.

Thanks!!! I think without my HRM I wouldn't have kept going for so long. It was my only running pal when others gave out after only a few weeks. LOL VARRRRROOOOM!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

I'm almost afraid to admit this...But I will...I'd give up going out to eat and pedicures for mine! And sometimes the only thing perdy in my life are my feet. LOL It has been worth every dime. I bought mine at Target...it's a Sportline.