Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wisconsin Cheese

I just had 2 oz of what was labeled "Wisconsin Cheese". It didnt say what type of cheese on the label, just Wisconsin.

It was probably the best cheese I have ever tased in my life. What gives?

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Maybe a touristy type thing? There are a lot of small shops and business that sell cheese to tourists and vacationers. A wild guess is that it's a few-year-old cheddar, but there are all kinds of small producers as @joshperson195 says.

They don't call us the "Dairy State" for nothing!
  • Jruzer
    Spotted Cow is what everyone talks about, but man! New Glarus has so many great offerings. Oud Bruin, Scream IIPA, Apple Ale, the whole R&D series. My personal favorite:

new-glarus-belgian-red.jpg
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,989 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Spotted Cow is what everyone talks about, but man! New Glarus has so many great offerings. Oud Bruin, Scream IIPA, Apple Ale, the whole R&D series. My personal favorite:

Nice! Moon Man is my husband's favorite. I'm in Illinois where they don't distribute, so we have to run for the border to get this stuff.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Best cheese ever!
    Was it orange?
    Maybe mild cheddar or Colby?
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Cheese Curds are the Bomb,,especially when melted ! Yum

3ffpilswv780.jpg
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Don't tase the cheese, Bro!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Oh Lord I just can't help myself !

4cdd0gqmtvt7.jpg
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Guess I need to order some Wisconsin cheese, because I'm hooked on Vermont White Cheddar....orange cheese gives me heartburn
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    marm1962 wrote: »
    Guess I need to order some Wisconsin cheese, because I'm hooked on Vermont White Cheddar....orange cheese gives me heartburn

Cabot extra sharp cheddar, my absolute favorite Vermont cheese. YUM!
  • ejinvt
    ejinvt Posts: 298 Member
    edited July 2016
    Cabot Vermont Cheddar!! (and it's white, like cheese is supposed to be!!!)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Yeah, lots of WI folks sell cheese at my green market (I'm in Chicago).
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    lucky1ns wrote: »
    I just had 2 oz of what was labeled "Wisconsin Cheese". It didnt say what type of cheese on the label, just Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has a ton of small dairy co-ops that distribute and operate under the "Wisconsin cheese" label. One of my favorite brands is Burnett Dairy.

Cheesiest necro post ever!
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 838 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    lucky1ns wrote: »

Wisconsin has a ton of small dairy co-ops that distribute and operate under the "Wisconsin cheese" label. One of my favorite brands is Burnett Dairy.

Cheesiest necro post ever!

qkbnbt702vfl.jpeg

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member

Drooling over here...

Not a Spotted Cow fan myself. I'm all about the Fat Squirrel. But would love to get some of this Cherry next time we're in WI...
  • Jruzer
    JenHuedy wrote: »

Drooling over here...

Not a Spotted Cow fan myself. I'm all about the Fat Squirrel. But would love to get some of this Cherry next time we're in WI...

New Glarus has wisely used some of the money they're making off of Spotted Cow to improve their specialty brews and sour beers. Dan Carey now has a special "wild fruit cave" to play in.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

I love Spotted Cow, but really enjoyed their new Bubbler this summer - a traditional Hefeweizen.

I'm from St Louis but was taking classes at UW for a certificate so I always made sure I drove so I could bring back some New Glarus beer. Sadly my certificate is complete so I need to find a new reason to get up to Wisconsin for fresh cheese curds and delicious beer...

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    fried cheese curds....mmmm

smoked any cheese please