Think i'm almost there

Options
Hiya, i joined this website almost a year ago, i've lost 24lbs and think i've reached my goal.... well almost, maybe .2 to go? Just wondering and am nervous about maintenance... Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you so much to MFP i can't thank you enough, discreet and successful, perfect. Siobhan

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    BUMP...just made goal at the new yr,....I want to know to...
  • SiobhanDelaney
    SiobhanDelaney Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow.... Well done :) Lets hope we get the advice we are both looking for!
  • SiobhanDelaney
    Options
    Got the advice by emailing here. My latest query is.. I've reached my goal, well slightly under it, so now want to maintain my weight so went onto settings and clicked maintain. Now i've an added problem. I'm so used to eating 1270 Calories per day i am struggling to stick with the maintenance recommendation calories of 1740, that's a massive jump for me and I'm filling the void with high calorie non healthy things like chocolate etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated, i'd prefer to be healthy and happy with the 1270 than a feeling like i'm binging on fatty foods for the sake of it. (Thanks for reading)!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I would say only eat when youre hungry. Eat higher calorie foods but ones that are nutrient dense....whole grain foods, higher calorie foods with lower GI.
    Just because your maintenance is 1740 doesnt mean you have to stuff yourself to get to 1740....
  • SiobhanDelaney
    Options
    I would say only eat when youre hungry. Eat higher calorie foods but ones that are nutrient dense....whole grain foods, higher calorie foods with lower GI.
    Just because your maintenance is 1740 doesnt mean you have to stuff yourself to get to 1740....

That helps, thank you so much.
    Siobhan
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!