Want a booty kickin exercise...

Options
2»

Replies

• queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    I would be interested in your Boot Camp routine. You have a awesome stair program going on. I walk from the 2nd floor to the 10th floor once a day and I tell you, it's tough. I run down and then walk back up. I've only been at it for 1.5 weeks. Plan on doing it (with incremental increases as I improve) until we move from the building. Thanks again for the motivation to hang in there.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I generally judge if an exercise is rough by whether my college rugby team did it. We had an 18 floor building in my college and would do monsters for all 18 of them for one of our workouts. Those SUCKED! (I.E. up 1 flight, down 1 flight, up 2 flights, down 2 flights, up 3 flights, down 3 flights...etc) it took like an hour, and you were meat at the end, but man was it a good workout! I think if I tried that now, they'd find me dead at about floor 10. And yes, they let us rest at the half way point. thats 171 flights by the way.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    love runnin stairs....ever wonder why the stair master is usually open at the gym? it is a booty kicker!

I do! I was thrilled to find a stair master in the cardio room at the resort we're staying at on vacation. Never in use! I just LOVE it! :bigsmile:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    love runnin stairs....ever wonder why the stair master is usually open at the gym? it is a booty kicker!

I do! I was thrilled to find a stair master in the cardio room at the resort we're staying at on vacation. Never in use! I just LOVE it! :bigsmile:

i only have about 14 stairs in my house if i ran that for 30 minutes do you think i would get a good work out!!!! i need to do cardio in my house since i dont' have a gym and plus having kids it's not that easy to get out... lol...
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I generally judge if an exercise is rough by whether my college rugby team did it. We had an 18 floor building in my college and would do monsters for all 18 of them for one of our workouts. Those SUCKED! (I.E. up 1 flight, down 1 flight, up 2 flights, down 2 flights, up 3 flights, down 3 flights...etc) it took like an hour, and you were meat at the end, but man was it a good workout! I think if I tried that now, they'd find me dead at about floor 10. And yes, they let us rest at the half way point. thats 171 flights by the way.

Whew! I'm tired just reading that. When I become better at my routine, I just might have to try this. I'm thinking it will hurt. It will hurt real bad! I like that. :)
  • AmyBrenn
    Options
    I would be interested in your Boot Camp routine. You have a awesome stair program going on. I walk from the 2nd floor to the 10th floor once a day and I tell you, it's tough. I run down and then walk back up. I've only been at it for 1.5 weeks. Plan on doing it (with incremental increases as I improve) until we move from the building. Thanks again for the motivation to hang in there.

Here's my Boot Camp routine:

The gym in my building has a track around it that I run laps on. 14 laps makes a mile (yes, it's a small track). :)

Jog 4 laps around track (warm-up)
    5 sets, 12 reps each of squats, push-ups and crunches - go from one to another to another as quickly as possible
    3 laps around track, lap two "sprinting" (as fast as I can go)
    5 sets, 12 reps each of step jumps (jumping onto an aerobics bench into squat position), lunges (12 on each leg), bicep curls (I use a 30lb straight bar)
    3 laps around track, lap two sprinting
    5 sets, 12 reps each of plie squats w/10lb medicine ball (throwing ball overhead after squat), tricep dips, trunk twists w/ 10lb medicine ball
    4 laps around track, lap two sprint

HRM said I burn about 500-550 calories with this exercise. Keeps your heart rate up while you're strength training.
    All together, I end up running 1 mile during the routine. It's a killer and I've got it down to about 40 minutes. The goal is to get faster at it.
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Awesome program. Biggest Loser is auditioning for trainers!!!
  • AmyBrenn
    Options
    Awesome program. Biggest Loser is auditioning for trainers!!!

That made me chuckle! I'm not sure anyone would hire me right now as I don't quite fit the "trainer" profile. :)