UMM - GROSS!

Options
A co-worker of mind told me he bought a McDonald's egg McMuffin about 3 months ago. He had set it on his dash, so he could eat it when he got to work. Unfortunately, he was involved in a wreck on the way and his car was at the shop ever since.

Well, long story short, he got his car back yesterday and opened that egg McMuffin up and it looked EXACTLY the same. No molding, nothing. We live in West Texas and have CRAZY weather, from extrememly hot one day to snowing the next; but no change in this McMuffin.

Hope you think of this next time you want one! :)

Replies

• Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    So it has anti-aging benefits? I shall eat one daily! Thanks for the tip!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Many, many foods will quickly dry out and maintain their appearance for months at a time.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Must be West Texas' lack of humidity. In Central Texas they mold and get rancid in about a week.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    :sick:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    One of my tenants did an experiment on a double cheese burger.
    He bought one and THREE months later came into my office and showed it to us and ATE IT!.
    It looked like he just bought it 10 minutes ago. Gross.
    He said it tasted just fine.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    My doctor has a happy meal in her waiting room with the exact date she purchased it (sometime in 2006 I think) to prove how bad fast food is. It looks exactly the same...so gross!
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Oh good lord.... Thus another reason I have boycotted McDonald's....
  • whitneyrsmith
    whitneyrsmith Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    With hearing this, andddd watching that show "supersize me", I'm pretty sure I can do without McDonalds!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    This is how urban legends get started...
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mind told me he bought a McDonald's egg McMuffin about 3 months ago. He had set it on his dash, so he could eat it when he got to work. Unfortunately, he was involved in a wreck on the way and his car was at the shop ever since.

Well, long story short, he got his car back yesterday and opened that egg McMuffin up and it looked EXACTLY the same. No molding, nothing. We live in West Texas and have CRAZY weather, from extrememly hot one day to snowing the next; but no change in this McMuffin.

Hope you think of this next time you want one! :)
    awhoopdedoo.gif

Note to self: eat lots of egg McMuffins. Apparently they will help you live a long time.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    *making a u-turn into the McDonalds to order me a burger* lol
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    it's been shown before how McD food never goes bad.. now I don't have the link to that but they kept a burger in a cupboard for months and it was still good..this is really dangerous.. not only fattening but life-threatening !
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I saw too where they left a happy meal out for 6 months as an experiment-it won't decompose. The truth is, many processed foods don't decompose and won't be eaten by molds, insects or even rodents.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    McDonald's get a bad reputation from people who over eat there every day, but all things in moderation, including fast food, and its fine. That's my opinion anyway.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Nice way to save money.

Food that doesn't spoil.

Fantastic.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that this is due to the fat content in the meat and cheese and the preservatives in the bun.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Must be West Texas' lack of humidity. In Central Texas they mold and get rancid in about a week.

Are you constantly buying Macdonalds and not eating it? :laugh:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Screw canned foods, just stock your pantry with McD's, that way if a natural disaster happens, you're all set.
    Nice way to save money.

Food that doesn't spoil.

Fantastic.