Body Pump

has anyone ever tried it? it's an intense work out but i loved it! any tipss to help w/ soreness?

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    only tip I have is...just keep going back! :bigsmile: It's a great class, if you are sore, you're doing it right! :drinker:
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Love that class. The first time I went I was sore for 3 days! Just keep going back, before you know it you will have to increase the weights you use. Good luck!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    has anyone ever tried it? it's an intense work out but i loved it! any tipss to help w/ soreness?

I'm an instructor, I love it. Take some advil, drink water, eat protein, and stay on the move. Do not do it more frequently than every other day, and do some cardio on the off days to keep your muscles warm. If you wait out the soreness you'll be sore longer than if you simply push through it.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    It's my personal favorite class. Stay with the lightest weights for the first class or two to get the form right - you'll be sore the next day even with those light weights to start with - and when things get too easy, take your weight up from there. Increase your weight whenever a track starts to get too easy with a particular weight.
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Stay with the lightest weights for the first class or two to get the form right
    ^^^ Spot on

After this point, increase your weight if you are maintaining good form and your muscles are not failing at the end of the track. The last few reps on each track should be brutal if you're lifting enough weight!

On the other hand, decrease weight if you cannot maintain good form for the entire track.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    There's a good few Pump fans on here! Looking forward to a class tomorrow lunchtime.