Trimming down the thunder thighs

KylieE
KylieE Posts: 40
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
So... I have always had huge thighs and I am SICK of them rubbing together. I know I have lots of trimming to do all over my body, but what is the best way to focus on that part? Besides cardio. Cardio is the fixer-upper, but are there any really great exercises to focus on that spot? Any insight would be great. Thanks!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• KylieE
    So... I have always had huge thighs and I am SICK of them rubbing together. I know I have lots of trimming to do all over my body, but what is the best way to focus on that part? Besides cardio. Cardio is the fixer-upper, but are there any really great exercises to focus on that spot? Any insight would be great. Thanks!! :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    when you are look to lose fat, cardio is the thing. You can't spot reduce, it'll go when it goes. I have the same thigh situation as you, but they are getting a lot better. If you are looking to build muscle, THAT's when lunges, squats, leg press, jump rope etc etc etc comes in handy.
  • mn44
    mn44 Posts: 2
    You're right. You CANNOT spot reduce. Fat comes off in sheets. I have lost over 30 pounds since the start of the year. Most people who have paid me compliments and noticed that I have lost weight have said they notice it most in my face. I still have a bit of the "dunlop" disease - "my belly done lopped over my belt" - so I could get discouraged. But, I am NOT discouraged! I simply have more fat to lose around my belly. The same amount has come off of me around my face as around my belly, but it is more noticeable in my face because I have less to lose there. My advice for you and the thunder thighs - keep getting fit all over!! Your thighs might be the last place in which you see significant progress because that is where the most progress is required. By becoming fit overall, your thighs will get there, but they may be the last to cross the finish line.

Jon
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Yeah, unfortunately we can't pinpoint where we want to lose fat. Wouldn't that be great to have a little diaghram of ourselves and just push a button where you want to lose the fat.

For toning the thigh muslces underneathe the fat, I have always liked this one move.....lay down on one side (right side for this example) with your legs straight and paralell with the rest of your body. Bend and bring forward your top leg so it is laying on the floor and place your left hand palm flat against the floor in front of you for stability and prop your head up with your other hand.

Raise your bottom (right leg) slightly off the floor and lower, careful not to rest it on the floor each time down. Do several reps, say 10 to start and however many sets you can do. You'll be able to feel it in your inner thigh....Repeat on your left side. I like this move because most thigh exercises seem to work the outer rather than inner.
  • KylieE
    I was afraid of responsing like these. :laugh: Thanks guys!!! And I have heard that before, but I'm glad to hear it here. You all know what you are talking about! :wink: I'll just keep plugging away!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    I love Walk Away The Pounds it incorporates kicks (leg lifts), squats, hamstring curls and knee lifts.
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    "By becoming fit overall, your thighs will get there, but they may be the last to cross the finish line."

LOL!!!! This is my new favorite quote!:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.