How do I lose baby belly weight?

Options
Just curious...I've been working out for about three months now...I've lost weigth...but it still seems I have that little "baby gut" from having two children. I don't have stretch marks or anything like that...just what looks like baby pudge. Anyone know how to get rid of that??

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is anyway to spot reduce a certain area, but just continue your cardio and ab exercises. Sorry I can't be of more help...I'm in the same boat as you with 2 little boys of my own. :smile:
  • kidrobot3
    kidrobot3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue + tiger stripes! or stretch marks... ha. It has gotten better over time, you have to give your stomach skin time to tighten back up. I use cocoa butter that's meant to tighten up skin. I've noticed *some* difference, but I'm still 7 mos postpartum and don't expect to see huge results from that alone.
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I had my son about 4 months ago and my daugther 2 and a half years ago. I seriously don't have stretch marks...justsomething in my belly area that just won't go away. It's so frustrating!! UGH!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    There's a DVD by Tracy Anderson who was trainer to Shakira and Gwyneth Paltrow and helped them lose weight after their kids. It's called post pregnancy workout and it's got great reviews even from people who weren't pregnant and used it it get rid of their tummies. It's on Amazon.
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    I am right there with ya!!!
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm really determined to get back into shape...man...babies really do a number on you!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    intervals
    HIIT
    Cross training

google them all. :)
  • Legalchica
    Options
    I have the same issue + tiger stripes! or stretch marks... ha. It has gotten better over time, you have to give your stomach skin time to tighten back up. I use cocoa butter that's meant to tighten up skin. I've noticed *some* difference, but I'm still 7 mos postpartum and don't expect to see huge results from that alone.

I had twins my youngest are 5. and my stomach will never be the same...
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    The only thing that worked for me was running. I'm sure there are other ways, but the combination of keeping my heart rate in zone 4 - 5 and the fact that running really, really works my core has made my stomach as flat as it will ever get. It is NOT as flat as it was pre-babies, but only at the bottom right around my c-section incision do I have a pooch.

The Ab Ripper video in P90X made my stomach, well, ripped. I had a toned stomach before I did it from running but it made my abs so defined.

Good luck!
  • INSANITY43
    Options
    My third baby will be 19 in july.....and I still struggle with baby pudge :sad: Fairly flat to my belly button and then this roll that gets smaller but never really goes away.....grrrrr! Anyways, this reminded of this "hoot" of an older woman who I worked with years ago....She was on the heavy side and told us younger gals that she would be "hot" once her uterus shrunk back after her last baby followed by "THAT SHOULD BE ANY DAY NOW....HE WILL BE 36 ON HIS NEXT BIRTHDAY!" :laugh:
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had 4 kids within 6 years... tell me about it! One thing I can tell you... No matter how much weight you lose, the little "flap" will never go away. Definitely working your abs will take care of the pooches, but the flap will remain. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. And if you're one of those people who doesn't have the "flap"... then :grumble: . LOL!
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    I am right with you! I have a 5, 4, 3 and 1 1/2 year old..so my belly has that little flab at the bottom..I am hoping it will dwindle over time, but idk...hoping for the best! lol.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    cardio and strength training and my belly was the last to go!
  • Mneiswonger
    Mneiswonger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also have 2 1/2 year old and an almost 5 month old. I'm having the same problem. I'm losing weight an inches everywhere except that pudge area. Talk about frustrating.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    In addition to cardio... try the stomach vacuum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXy-tnM43uw.

I just started being consistent with doing this for a count of 15 about 10 times a day (5 in the morning and 5 in the evening). I also do it standing up. My mom pouch isn't gone yet but my tummy is flattening out!!!

Give it a try... I swear you'll notice a difference in the first week!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    hmm im wondering the same thing i have just started my work out journey and i am only 4lbs down but i have lots to go and im worried about exxtra skin , its one of my biggest fead upon losing weight i just hope that while working out and losing weight slowly i can avoid it but im nervous with this thread seeing all you have lost so much weight already
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    6 kids in five years here! After the first three ( twins and another born not quite ten months later) I was able to get it flat. However I have a lot of stretchmarks and those didn't go away. :-( lol I lived at the gym for months and literally studied some things about exercise and weightloss. I don't have that kind of time anymore and I'm doing it from home instead of the gym. I did both card and strength training about 3-4 days a week and played sports etc too besides the workouts
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    In addition to cardio... try the stomach vacuum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXy-tnM43uw.

I just started being consistent with doing this for a count of 15 about 10 times a day (5 in the morning and 5 in the evening). I also do it standing up. My mom pouch isn't gone yet but my tummy is flattening out!!!

Give it a try... I swear you'll notice a difference in the first week!

BUMP stomach vacuum
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP