Does my job count as exercise

Options
I am a nursery nurse and work on my feet 7 hours a day, does this count as any exercise

Replies

• MemphisMaven
    MemphisMaven Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For sure. Watching tv actually burns calories. Try getting a pedometer.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    It doesn't count as exercise, but you'll want to set your diet profile to either Lightly Active or Active (whichever describes you best).
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: besides a pedometer, get a heart rate monitor :bigsmile:
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i find it does at first....but i find with me that my body gets used to it and so i have to do a little extra every once and a while
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Not, if you set up your account has having a job with light activity. In which case, the system is already accounting for the fact that you burn a bit more calories through out the day.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes. You should've chosen that setting when you signed up. I'm at a computer all day so I'm set to "sedentary" but you should be "moderately active" or "active" (or whatever the wording is).
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    No, doesn't count as exercise, but make sure your 'lifestyle' setting is appropriate in your profile where you say how many pounds a week your goal is (sedentary/active/etc).

But be HONEST, otherwise it will tell you to eat too many calories (or not enough calories)..and mom is right, your body becomes accustomed to your regular activity. Otherwise all nurses would be sticks! lol (I'm a nurse, that's why I said the nurse comment)
  • tray1144
    Options
    Thanks I will get one :smile:
  • tray1144
    Options
    Thanks everyone for yor replys, I have now amended my settings, hopefully I will lose many many pounds :happy: