Help with carbs

Options
I'm a bit confused with carbs. Are they good or bad? Should I try to avoid high carb foods? In terms of carbs, should I just look at the bad carbs? or consider the good carbs like fruits and veggies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    They just "are". Some tend to pack alot of calories per serving though.

If you can eat them and stay on our calorie allotment, it makes no difference.

But fruits and veggies have more nutrional value than just "bad" carbs which I assume you mean like white bread, chips etc....

Ultimately is the calorie count. But things like veggies will allow you to eat more volume per calorie than "bad" carbs like potato chips
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    The body needs some carbs. Make sure they are high fiber.
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just feel that some days, even if my calories are under my carbs are almost maxed out from the fruits and veggies I've been eating. is this normal?
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I just feel that some days, even if my calories are under my carbs are almost maxed out from the fruits and veggies I've been eating. is this normal?

The ratios are just for reference. If you are getting enough protein and you are under / at your calorie limits, I just let the rest fall where they fall.

Being over on carbs but at/under your total calorie limit won't make you gain weight.

I try to eat more veggies and less simple carbs as to get better nurtrition and to get more quantity per calorie count