"Are you really enjoying that crap???"

Options

Replies

• re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you equate lower calorie with lower flavour - most herbs and spices have minimal calories and add fabulous flavour without lots of cals. I think a price of grilled fish and salad that is cooked well is going to have a whole lot more flavour than a bowl of hot chips which just tastes like grease and salt.

Ignore your sister, you're going to be WAY healthier than her.

I agree. I haven't given up flavour at all! I really enjoy my new healthy meals.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    "tiny perky butt" ...

The words string together which bring the thought of brine and basting.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    ive never really cooked or eaten a lot of junk for main meals, it was all the other stuff I was eating that was bad and I had to cut out most of that when I had to go gluten free anyway.

I love my salads and prefer them over a hamburger - I dont like buying salads when I go out though, because they are usually pretty tasteless, I fill mine with a bunch of different flavours (veges and fruit) and never need to use dressing. steamed vegies are the best but I grew up with a mum who boiled vegies until they were soggy and gross lol.

Healthier options can be amazingly yum, sometimes it just takes a change in how you cook it or prepare it. You do get used to the fresher tastes though, and if you still want a hamburger, make a healthier option ;)
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I rarely meet a food I don't enjoy, which is how I got into this mess, LOL.

In all seriousness, I love the taste of many types of food, from salads and steamed veggies to burgers and fries. I suppose I do choose a lot of foods that I don't enjoy to the point where it becomes difficult for me not to overeat, but I still enjoy the things that I'm eating.
  • borys12
    borys12 Posts: 98
    Options
    Like others write - it takes time to enjoy real food. I use mixed herbs only, Any amount of salt is too much for me, fruits taste so sweet now. I don't think I would swallow crap. I don't use dressings, they kill salads.

I'm the only healthy eater from my family , and forced to prepare meals myself. Whatever I eat is bland and tasteless for others.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i love everything i make because i generally eat the same things as before just less of them. i miss some of my more indulgent dinners but this is a lifestyle, not a vacation! i recently started juicing and actually enjoy them too.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Fortunately...I was already eating a healthy diet...just way too much
    :blushing:
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i learned to find what i can enjoy .. but in all reality there are times i just want a big huge ice cream sundae with caramel on it or a double cheese and mushroom pizza or a big fat submarine sandwich or a big cheeseburger.. i do treat myself to that stuff rarely but yes sometimes i do feel trapped .. however i have a choice..eat the crap and stay fat and unhealthy or eat whats necessary to lose weight and get in shape
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

I bet fit, healthy and strong tastes better than skinny.
  • Balletsax
    Balletsax Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Like many other people said, I enjoy the healthy stuff because I know I'll feel better physically and emotionally.

But why worry about what other people think about what I eat?? It's my body, my taste buds, my healthy future. We can't compare ourselves to other people otherwise we either would be starving ourselves or eating bad food all the time, right?

You do what is good for YOU, not worry if your sister is tiny and can eat whatever she wants and not gain weight. It's not about her, it's about YOU!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I really feel like I have learned to like the healthier stuff. I find that when I eat "junk" that I used to eat, I literally feel sick. Not to say I don't still do it from time to time!

This. i found that my tastes are actually changing and the junk tastes (or at least makes me feel afterwards) like junk.
    EXACTLY me! And steamed veggies with Mrs. Dash on them is really yummy! And I LOVE baked fish and fruit and stuff like quinoa. I'm tired of people thinking that "diet" food is gross. If you learn how to COOK IT, it is quite delicious!
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I love the food I eat, and my diet is mostly very healthy. I have sugar on occasion (too many occasions sometimes!) but most of my diet is fruit, veggies, lean meats and nuts. I don't waste any calories on foods I don't actually enjoy! A bowl of fresh steamed veggies, some baked sweet potato and some deli ham slices is what I just ate for lunch, and it was awesome. I'm about to enjoy a tangelo as a snack, and then have some shredded crock pot pork tenderloin for dinner later. Yum!
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    I don't eat crap. I eat inventive and delicious food that I enjoy and that fuels my body. Seriously though, I like what I eat. I don't get this question often anymore (I used to, especially when I started eating a lot more tofu). Apparently the key is not actually saying I am watching what I eat but rather just doing it because then they assume I am eating it because it is absolutely delicious. They stop asking if I enjoy that crap and instead start asking if they can try it. LOL!
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    I, like others who have posted on this thread, love food too much to eat something simply because it's healthy-- it better taste good as well! On the flip side, I am learning to love my health too much to eat something simply because it tastes good. It's about finding healthy ways to cook and healthy ingredients that you love so that you continue eating things you love... it's just that you may start to love eating different things :)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Yup, I 90% love what I eat. There are some things that are under sufferance, such as tuna in brine/spring water. When I get maintenance cals I'm having tuna in oil again :-)
  • I eat what I'm hungry for. I eat real food--no fake sugar, no fake fat, no lowfat cheese--BUT I weigh and measure my portions as though my life depends on it. Steamed fish and veggies? Sure, especially with a spoonful of fruit chutney for the fish. A burger? You bet--although I only eat a quarter to a half of it. As long as it makes my tongue happy, and I stay within my calorie limit, I'm good.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying the hell out of my grass fed rib-eye right this very second and guess what? It fits in my macros.

Everything I put in my mouth is delicious. I bet that fish was delicious too.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

I bet fit, healthy and strong tastes better than skinny.

:heart:

Skinny is stringy. That doesn't sound delicious to me at all.
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I won't eat it if I don't honestly like it. I love salads, fresh fruit, steamed veggies, fish, etc and I also enjoy a nice (homemade) burger now and then