What do you do to ward off hunger?

Options
What do you do on your HUNGRY days? Please give me some ideas!!!

Replies

• phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I try to keep light, brothy soups, tea and fruit and veggies around for that feeling.

Warm liquid is always good for filling you up.

A plum or some strawberries are low in calories and can fill you up fast! :wink:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I try to stay busy! Do anything, clean, walk, call people, ect. I find I'm more hungry when I'm bored or restless.

I stopped chewing gum a few years ago, but added that back in when I started MFP. It helps at work when I feel stressed and want to eat.
  • Wolf843
    Wolf843 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to chew gum. I find that it can really help!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I just took a 30 min walk.. And drink water...
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I eat. It seems like I am constantly eating. I eat something at least every couple of hours. An apple here, a banana there. Meal here... Don't starve yourself, just eat smart.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options

Sometimes when we think we are hungry we really aren't, we need to drink our water atleast 8 cups or day, even more if we can. You can be dehydrated but if you are drinking your water then try some protein and veggies to help keep you full longer till your next meal. :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee. I also quarter slices of nature's own bread and put a teaspoon of peanut butter on it and that usually does the trick.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Definitely water and coffee (cafe americano is the best!)
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...I have those days.....

I either:
    have a cup of coffee...
    or
    a teaspoon of peanut butter

I also sometimes have one of the above before going out to eat if I'm extra hungry. This way I won't blow it with high fat and calorie appetizers or bread.

Drinking water throughout the day has also helped me avoid frequent spells of raging hunger.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I eat. It seems like I am constantly eating. I eat something at least every couple of hours. An apple here, a banana there. Meal here... Don't starve yourself, just eat smart.

This is what I do, I eat like I did when I was a lil' kid, nibble, nibble, nibble! Planning your meals and snacks ahead cuts down on hungry day. I had a bad bad week last week it was like I was ravenous all the time. I failed to plan ahead, didn't log, and was stuck in a hotel all week. I didn't eat any meat and realize now I was missing protein, so I went and got some soy protein shake and voila this week has went well.
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. These are all good ideas. I forgot about gum. I really appreciate all of the support!
  • bevsmith
    bevsmith Posts: 21
    Options
    I eat popcorn if you watch the calories like I do you can eta the whole regular size bag for around 150 calories.
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i tend to have a drink or go for a walk if i am stressed out i avoid the urge to eat emotionally and do some meditation..

xxx
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    On those days I can tell in the morning I am going to be a bear all day long..........I have lots of protein.

A cup of hot tea with milk always takes that "just one more bite' feeling away

:flowerforyou: