what can you eat right before you workout?

Options
I keep finding myself in the position where I need to eat right before working out. I have been in class all day and it has thus been 5 hours since I had food - but if I don't workout in the next hour, I won't be able to, because I have study groups tonight.

What are some things you can eat and still do an intense cardio workout 30 minutes later?

I already know bananas and apple sauce - other suggestions?

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I keep finding myself in the position where I need to eat right before working out. I have been in class all day and it has thus been 5 hours since I had food - but if I don't workout in the next hour, I won't be able to, because I have study groups tonight.

What are some things you can eat and still do an intense cardio workout 30 minutes later?

I already know bananas and apple sauce - other suggestions?

Intense cardio... probably a small portion of carbs but probably more complex than Apple Sauce, save the Apple Sauce for post-workout. Also have a small serving of protein as well, cottage cheese, chicken, lean beef, or protein shake. Post workout follow-up with something like Apple Sauce and a solid protein source.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    light snack that is easy on the tummy like Greek yogurt or a spoonful or two of peanut butter for protein and a nice ripe banana to provide a healthy carbohydrate to keep you energized without dragging down your workout

Bars, smoothies in a bottles and packaged fruit are easy to throw in your car or gym bag or some nuts to snack on during the day :drinker:

I tend to allow at least an hour before I even attempt to workout tho as I find it harder to workout when too full :wink: