Options
What fun things have happened to you on Skype? Is Skype a good thing to have?

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    dude this one time on skype a dude showed me his wiener.

-christina love
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Business meetings happen to me on Skype about four times a week.
    Pretty sure one of these dudes tried showing me his wiener too. He doesn't work with us anymore.
  • MrScottiePants9
    Options
    Funny and interesting
  • MrScottiePants9
    Options
    Business meetings happen to me on Skype about four times a week.
    Pretty sure one of these dudes tried showing me his wiener too. He doesn't work with us anymore.
  • MrScottiePants9
    Options
    weird but funny....
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I used it to communicate with my son when he was deployed in Afghanistan.

Now to quote our newest and bestest friend and big toe, Sgt Hulka; Lighten up, Francis.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    last time i was on skype... i was talking to one guy. another guy was trying to talk to me at the same time. the two guys kind of knew each other, and apparently it was a competition to see who would "win" me. it was quite amusing actually. they both lost.
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I have never used it, but my neighbor absolutely loved it. She was able to talk to her husband while he was deployed. :)
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    my husband worked in Australia for two years and we (me and my daugher ) stayed in the UK. Never could have done without skype We did all sorts of things, used to hang out all day. Had breakfast together. drank together. Its a silly question you can do anything you like on it!
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I use Skype every once in a while to talk to my daughter who lives eight hours away. I love that I'm able to actually see her instead of just hearing her voice. Every time we talk on Skype, I wanna go find the guy who invented it and give him a high-five. :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What fun things have happened to you on Skype? Is Skype a good thing to have?

Skype is a free way to communicate with people all over the world. Yes, it is a good thing to have, if you have friends and loved ones who live far away.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    dude this one time on skype a dude showed me his wiener.

-christina love

OMG lmfao so classy
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Not really fun things, but it's good to keep in touch with family, I use it mainly with family, hardly ever with friends and never with strangers, not the cam at least. :D

Ahh and yeah, they are also using it at work, but it's a pain in the bum, I tended to fall asleep on those skype meetings!! Thanks god for Maternity Leave! won't last forever though, and I'll be having some more of those horrible weekly Skype meetings.. sigh!
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    We have a Skype meeting twice a week at work. I have a sattelite office and am the only one who is not physically in the board room during the meeting. I have no camera on my computer so I can see the meeting but they can't see me. My boss forgot that I can see him though and he spent an entire meeting standing in front of his camera, which was at waist level... talking... sometimes turning around to write on the white board. So I had to spend an hour looking at his butt (not a terrible punishment) or crotch :noway: . I didn't really know what to say so I muted my computer while I giggled like a kid the whole time.
  • karenyg
    karenyg Posts: 79
    Options
    I was using it to chat with my brother, sister-in-law and nieces in Florida, also my sister and niece in Georgia, and my daughter and grandson here in South Carolina. But now we all use Tango on our Smartphones, laptop and desktop it great and free.
  • MrScottiePants9
    Options
    We have a Skype meeting twice a week at work. I have a sattelite office and am the only one who is not physically in the board room during the meeting. I have no camera on my computer so I can see the meeting but they can't see me. My boss forgot that I can see him though and he spent an entire meeting standing in front of his camera, which was at waist level... talking... sometimes turning around to write on the white board. So I had to spend an hour looking at his butt (not a terrible punishment) or crotch :noway: . I didn't really know what to say so I muted my computer while I giggled like a kid the whole time.

Now that is a funny story and worth mentioning
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I use Skype pretty often to talk to a friend of mine who is deployed in Korea...and other family members in different parts of the country. In fact, now that I think about it.....I use it QUITE a bit!! lol
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I use skype to chat with a friend whose about 10 hrs from me..we make jokes pick fun and use the cam to verify any weight loss ....for the most part though its like any other messenger just used for chat...years ago when i was living frugal i used it as a telephone..
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I hold stitch and B**** sessions on skype, which are really good. I get to talk to my long distance friends without having to put my crafting down :P That and cheap long distance phone calls, otherwise it's pretty pointless
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Elexgordo usually makes helpful posts; but he will call 'em like he sees 'em when something is not quite right.