My adiction

My friends, I am addicted to the worse possible thing a person can be addicted to. No it is not drugs, alcahol or smoking. My friend I am addicted to food, plain and simple. Just plain old food. I must say that it took me a long time to admit it but it is true. I have had a love affair with food all my life!!. You know in my twenties I was starting to have a problem with Jack Daniles and I. I almost got to the point where I had to have it, so one day I just stopped no problem I did not need it. Same with smoking just one day decided to quit after fifteen years no problem. In a day it was gone. But my friends when it came to food I could not stop. It was comfort, pleasent and just plain addicting! Then I found this site with the help of my daughter mleb2005 who drug me here kicking and sreaming all the way. Then you all of my friends past and presnt have helped me finally whip this addiction that I can now proudly say I DID HAVE !!!! Thank you!

Replies

• Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    I was right there with you for years, Don. Food was my comfort whether I was happy, sad, mad, etc. It was always there for me. Takes a lot to realize and admit that to yourself.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Me too... I thought I had kicked it. I spent over 19 years way bigger than I am now. I lost a large amount of weight in 2009. I worked hard on changing my focus, but as soon as I started at the university, I fell back into it. That was Fall of 2010. I'm still stuck. It's not a matter of willpower for me, it's a matter of heart and mind change. I'm really disappointed that I haven't pulled myself out of this mess. Errr....

Feel free to kick me a few times. It may help! Haha
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    You have done an amazing job, and that's awesome that you can admit it and say it out loud. Your daughter rocks, too! :flowerforyou: