potent foods

Options
cooking with a lot of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice or lime juice seems to help flavor-wise. and when i have my cucumbers, i miss my ranch dressing so much! but squirting fresh lemon juice on them is so distracting and powerful that i don't even crave the ranch

Replies

• RhiannaMae
    Options
    cooking with a lot of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice or lime juice seems to help flavor-wise. and when i have my cucumbers, i miss my ranch dressing so much! but squirting fresh lemon juice on them is so distracting and powerful that i don't even crave the ranch
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    you should try sprinkling a little paprika if you like the flavor, it makes it yummyer
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I used to drench my salads in thousand-island dressing. Then it was balsamic and oil with a wee pinch of salt. Then it was just the vinegar and salt. Now its just the wee pinch of salt.

I find that I am actually enjoying the distinct flavor of each veggie and the extra stuff just doesn't taste so good anymore.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    I used to drench my salads in thousand-island dressing. Then it was balsamic and oil with a wee pinch of salt. Then it was just the vinegar and salt. Now its just the wee pinch of salt.

I find that I am actually enjoying the distinct flavor of each veggie and the extra stuff just doesn't taste so good anymore.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

i totally agree with you! ranch dressing is the devil to me and it used to be: oh, would you like some more carrots with your bottle of hidden valley?

the other day, i had a bowl of celery, carrots, and cucumbers with nothing but a glass of water to wash it down. lemme tell you, that was the best cucumber i ever had! seriously, i never really wanted to admit it, but even a cucumber has flavor if you give it a chance! chewing slowly has helped me too...

i definitely love balsamic vinegar, and even apple cider vinegar....oooo, now i want some cucumbers and applecidervinegar with a bit o salt, man, that's good stuff!