Fitness Competitors!!!!

Mocha02
Mocha02 Posts: 96
edited October 7 in Fitness and Exercise
Where are all my fitness competitors??? Whether male bodybuilders, female bodybuilders, figure competitors, or bikini competitors. We need to support each other!!! Holla at me.

Here's my story: I have been doing some modeling on the side and I want to also do fitness modeling. While doing some research, I found myself more and more intrigued with the fitness competitions. So now I am preparing myself for an upcoming natural bodybuilding competition in March. I am extremely nervous, but its something I feel that I have to do for myself. Just something to add to my accomplishments and to say I can do it too at my age. :happy:

What's your story? What do you do daily to stay in competition mode? What's your exercise and nutrition routine?? Lets help to motivate each other!!

Replies

• Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    I am planning to do my first comp this year =) Not sure when yet but will be meeting with a trainer at the end of the month to sort out all the details. Really looking forward to this, so if you have any advise, I would gladly welcome it! =)

And you are so close to your comp! How exciting!! I wish you all the best and please let me know how it goes =)
  • Mocha02
    Yes my competition is creeping up on me!! Matter of fact I JUST decided to go ahead and try out for this one in March! So I better get it cracking! Well if I dont feel like my body isn't going right....then I will just wait for the next one in July. I really dont know what kind of advice I could give being this will be my first!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,121 Member
    Congratulations, Mocha!!

My longer-term 2012 goal is to be competition ready for a Natural competition in October. I have never competed. I'll be just shy of 44.

So, I'm happy to support you, and trade stories/theories.

There are groups for "women strength training", "bodybuilding" and "NROL4W" on mfp....they can probably help support you, too.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Fitness Competitors? I think you meant FIGURE competitors. Looking good on stage has very little to do with fitness.

I am a fitness competitor, strong man, crossfit, power lifting, rock climb, running etc, with these it doesn't matter what you look like just how you perform. With FIGURE competitions you worry about insertion points, size, body fat %, definition, ratio, etc.

Not saying being a FIGURE competitor is a bad goal, just stating the difference for those who don't know.
  • FlexAppeal79
    FlexAppeal79 Posts: 146 Member
    Addison,

Being a National Figure Competitor,and former SEC athlete, I feel it necessary to inform you that MOST figure/bikini competitor's are current/former ATHLETES. Track & field, soccer, gymnastics, etc. Yes, we train for a certain look on stage, but many of us also do marathons, iron man, mini triatholons,MMA, boxing, etc. Just like yourself MOST of these women are athletes and may be offended at your assumption that they are not. So, please be informed before you generalize.
  • Mocha02
    Addison,

Being a National Figure Competitor,and former SEC athlete, I feel it necessary to inform you that MOST figure/bikini competitor's are current/former ATHLETES. Track & field, soccer, gymnastics, etc. Yes, we train for a certain look on stage, but many of us also do marathons, iron man, mini triatholons,MMA, boxing, etc. Just like yourself MOST of these women are athletes and may be offended at your assumption that they are not. So, please be informed before you generalize.

POW!! I know that's right!! I can't wait to be a part of the FITNESS competitions!!! They are athletes just like any other athletes!!!! It's not called FITNESS competitions for nothing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mocha02
    Congratulations, Mocha!!

My longer-term 2012 goal is to be competition ready for a Natural competition in October. I have never competed. I'll be just shy of 44.

So, I'm happy to support you, and trade stories/theories.

There are groups for "women strength training", "bodybuilding" and "NROL4W" on mfp....they can probably help support you, too.

I am looking forward to joining you in this wonderful journey!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,121 Member
    I am glad you started this thread, Mocha. Maybe there are more women (and men!) who are interested in moving their progress to "competition" and then we can be a supportive GROUP!

While I am NOT aiming for any "bikini model" work (I haven't worn a bikini since I was a teenager - I'm more of a tankini person!), I am glad you have set that goal for yourself and you are working towards it!

Kudos to you!
  • Mocha02
    I am glad you started this thread, Mocha. Maybe there are more women (and men!) who are interested in moving their progress to "competition" and then we can be a supportive GROUP!

While I am NOT aiming for any "bikini model" work (I haven't worn a bikini since I was a teenager - I'm more of a tankini person!), I am glad you have set that goal for yourself and you are working towards it!

Kudos to you!

Well thank you for saying so!!! I truly want to do this for myself and I really want to give it my all.
  • Competing in my first Natural BB comp in may :) stay clean and push your body to its natural ability!
This discussion has been closed.