New Quote on my Wall of Inspiration!

Options
I have a wall in my office where I post good quotes, motivating pictures, and my personal mission statement. I added this quote today, and I thought I would share it.

"If you are clear on the benefits, you are willing to pay the price." -- Ken Burgess

So, what are your benefits? What are you willing to pay the price for? Is it wildly important? Or just ... meh.

Replies

• crca7118
    Options
    thank you!
  • girllimberlost
    Options
    You are welcome!

My wildly important goal is to be able to rappel, climb rocks, and trail run. I love to hike and have done many fun hikes around the beautiful place I live, but some of the most beautiful and most exciting require that I am in better shape and have less weight to carry around. It is one thing to strap a 20-pound pack on. It is another thing entirely to wear 60 pounds of extra weight around my chest, abdomen, legs and arms on a DAILY basis.

I have successfully lost 45 pounds, and now I am setting a goal to lose 60 more... well, 54 now! At that point, I will be at a normal BMI, and be able to hike, climb, run, and rappel to my heart's content.

The Narrows and Subway are calling to me!