Ohhhh Binges...

Options
This is going to make me sound so bad!

2 Peanutbutter Sandwhiches
6 Bowls Cereal
8 Chicken Nuggets
Sushi Roll

That was my binge!! Ahh! Is this normal? Do people actually binge this much? If you do, how much?
I need to know so I don't think I'm an odd ball.
Let me know! Calories, Amount, Type of food, anything will help!

Replies

• koutroulakis
    Options
    Hmm, dont do binges often but I restricted myself to much so here goes...lets see if I can top you...

6 fudge creams
    1 skinny cow crisp bar
    serving of cherry sours
    serving of big cheeze its!

There I said it and I'm blah for it :(
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    sure I binge - just did this weekend with 2 pieces of Red Velvet cake with creme cheese icing, pecan pie and cherry cheesecake (it was a family Christmas dinner). Otherwise I will occasionally go over my calorie allowance, usually with pizza which I love.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I haven't binged since started eating regularly....I used to make your binges look like an appetizer though. I would eat cereal for breakfast, have a skinny latte for lunch, come home STARVED sometimes after the gym sometimes after the publix baker and would devour everything..dinner, dessert, and dessert again. I've levelled out my food intake and haven't had any binges like that. I"m not gonna say it wont happen again, but I am going to do my damndest to not. I always felt sick afterwards.
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    Sounds like a typical binge for me when I was struggling with bulimia not too long ago.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I guess by regularly I should say that I eat every 2-3 hours now.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I just did. Doh... Eat all my exercise cals back...
    Bag of popcorn 127 cals
    Nutella on toast 180 cals
    Nom yogurt with chocolate bits 225 cals
    Total 532 cals.
    Sometimes it worse! Your not alone x
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I would binge when I used to think the only way to lose weight was to eat 100% clean. I felt deprived and would eat:

A whole pint of ben and jerrys <---- every binge
    2-3 bowls of cereal
    4 slices of toast with mayo and muenster cheese

Over 2.5k calories lol
  • shoover10
    Options
    I have eaten almost entire large pizzas.... and then some icecream. oops.
  • wachmonster
    wachmonster Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    entire box of keebler elve peanut butter sandwich cookies ughhh. I think if we restrict too much too long we are bound to go on a binge streak so i'm going to try and load with more protein to appease my appetite more often before a binge can happen
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    hmmm check my food diary for last Saturday (ouch!) tomorrow's a new day! and it might have boosted your metabolism!
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    yeah but I purge when I do so I try not to
  • youcandoitjess
    Options
    I've woken up in a panic from dreams about losing control and binging. I've not actually done this, since I started my journey, but this used to be my binge "meal" of choice at McDonald's.

Double quarter pounder w/onions & ketchup
    Large fry
    20-piece nugget
    Snack wrap
    Large root beer
    Large chocolate shake... for dessert, of course.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You are not alone..Today alone i had burger king, publix doughnuts, skittles,...but now I feel like CRAP and sooo tired. So was not worth it!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I used to binge all the time. I would eat at work then eat fast food on the way home and then have the audacity to eat dinner. I restrict myself a lot actually and have cut so many old foods out that now I have no desire for them and have not had a binge in ...well I really long time. I would say since I started focusing on my weight loss. I still struggle with urges but, then I occupy myself with something else even if its the thought of what I am having for my next meal.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    this makes me SMILE! Because, I thought i was the only one. Gosh, my eating needs to get better lol, or i am going to gain everything back! Its been like, 3 weeks since i lost anything due to 'binging' and just eating like crap! I say this is my week to get it all straightened out lmao! I have been working out religiously, just not eating so great.. Ill do good ALL week until Saturday, dreadful weekends.. Ill have some kids cereal.. haha (which i dont usually eat) .. then for lunch pita pit (not to bad) .. by the time 10pm rolls around i am eating a BIG MAC MEAL! lol & the next day.. PB cookies AND A footlong sub!! (which i gave half to my kids, because i am nice like that hahaha) .. so i am constantly playing catch up! .. Ive been okay this week thus far (today we got food from a restaraunt.. i got a seafood cesar salad..) cant be TOO bad.. lol. --- So, I am trying not to eat anymore junk for 2 weeks!

-- feel free to add me as a friend. Always looking for support & to support others. <3

check out my weight loss pics on my blog; down 48 lbs & counting (although i dont know how with all this binge eating)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/twinmama1987
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This was all the junk in 1 day and this is on top of eating some meals! I ate like i had an eating disorder and I dunno why!
    BTW I got this straight from my diary on dec 15th lol. My new years resolution was to cut out sweet binges completely and I've been good since jan 1st hah

12 danish butter cookies 450 cals
    a whole pack of oreo cakesters 370 cals
    an oreo brownie 340 cals
    1 and a half ice cream sandwich 240 cals
    2 pop tarts 400 cals
    red velvet cupcake with frosting 350 cals
    mc donalds holiday pie 260 cals
  • virgogirl916
    virgogirl916 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is the story of my life.... The only time I've been able to control my binges is when I eat lower carb, ever since I started counting calories I've been binging like crazy...I hate it. I feel so sad afterwards. I'm glad I am not the only one, though. Thank you for posting
  • bdodd44
    Options
    Oh yes I have times when I binge, I don't want regular food though, I always go for something sweet. I do love peanut butter and can eat it with just about anything (well almost). I guess I am addicted to sugar, the only way I can not binge on sweets is to just stay away from them because there is no eating just a little portion.

Bryant
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I do too, I've never told anyone about it and I used to hate myself afterwards..I would get off work and go by McD's and get a double cheesebuger and a mcChicken, large fries, or a huge thing of chicken nuggets and a burger and fries, and eat that by the time I'd get home, just to eat supper, and then a few hours later would have to make a snack of some sort while i vegged out in front of the tv. I'd go to bed feeling like absolute crap, both physically and emotionally-and I guess mentally as well, Cause i figured i had to be messed up in the head.

Some times I still do this--I'll go out and get McD's and eat it while i'm out....and then throw away the evidence before I get back home. Ugh! Its not nearly as bad as it used to be, but oh yes, I definately still binge.
  • jefarrell
    Options
    I have been a binge eater for years. THAT my friend, is nothing. I can honestly say I have been binge free for months..thanks to a great therapist. She just reminds me, "it is ok to let it happen once in a while, just don't make a habit of it.." It's almost a reward. Don't fret girl, there are worse things you can do to your body... I keep it in mind the next day when I decide to not do a work out, it kind of forces me to...Keep your head up!