Options
2»

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    1) public place
    2) bring your own money (just in case)
    3) coordinate a time for a friend to call you (if you have a cell) to check on you and to give you an "out" if you need. You know "Oh no it's an emergency at home, Ive got to go" kinda out.
    4) even if you really are having a good time do not let yourself be alone with them, until your more aquanted (maybe another date)
    5) Have a great time.

This is great advice, follow it.
  • piercedbeauty21
    Options
    Wait until you feel ready to meet him. My husband stalked me on Myspace lol. We talked for awhile, met in person, dated for 2 years, were engaged for a year, got married 07-07-07, had our daughter 3-11-09, and now we're coming up on our 5 year wedding anniversary.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I work at a police department as a dispatcher he is actually someone that calls in for traffic reports. I told him I didnt feel comfortable one on one and even though he really wants it to be us he's agreed to the double date. Told him the couple we are going out with os a cop and one of my bestfriends. And tge reason i am hesitant is because of my weight but i know i just need to get over that.

If he is agreeable to the double date and he wants to meet you...do it. Do not let your being self conscious ruin a potentially good thing. I met my husband on-line... I was over 300 lbs and he weight about 270. We have got in better shape together. I was totally honest with him up front and he was with me. He fell in love with the real me and not the packaging only.

This could a be a truly wonderful man and you are hesitant to meet him because of you. Don't let you hold yourself back. Go live life!
  • mammy1984
    Options
    First you need to be aware that there are ppl posting to be someone that they aint. Have you ever seen him ie pics as i know you have not meet him yet. Have you spoke to him over the phone or on the computer etc. If you do decide to do so please do it in a public place as like i say ppl aint always who they make out to be and take it slow and good luck x
  • mpetty1975
    Options
    depends on why you are hesitant. is it a personal insecurity relating to you not being worth the great relationship or is it 1 and 1 is not equaling 2. if it is the latter stop talking to him. period. my advice if you should decide to meet: public place, i prefer coffee shop, somewhere that i am familiar with the neighborhood, but it is not my neighborhood, i text my sis all vitals, first and last name, phone number, license plate....username because if you docome up missing they can always track the ip address....and i have her call and check up on me. an hour is usually a good timefrme b/c the person that you trust will be able to tell from your voice what kind of tme you are hving and if you need an out then there is your emergency! i gve my sis as much info as i have.