what will keep me feeling full longer?

Options
sometimes when I've done other diets i always felt hungry (especially at night) so im just wondering through your own experience, what foods help to keep you feeling full (and comfortable) so it doesnt feel like you're starving yourself?

Replies

• Inebriated
    Options
    Foods that keep me feeling full for a longer period of time are things like full fat cheese, peanut butter, roasted almonds, cashews, pistachios, deli meats, etc. I usually pair these with fruit or some veg.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Anything with protein and fiber. Add more of both into your diet and you'll feel more satiated (full).
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I find that when you balance your meals out thru the day will keep you full, maybe you would like to cut back on the carbs and eat more protein.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    protien, fiber, and water.

I like to eat a large volume of food, even if I can't have a lot of calories. I find that veggies and whole grains are good for that. I also feel like protien, like meat or cheese tends to last longer in my digestive system and makes me feel full for a longer period of time.

Sometimes the hardest part of cleaning up your dietary habits is finding those foods that meet your macronutrients and give you the energy you need.