Any other college students out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior at the University of New Mexico! Feel free to add me for support!
  • Deathscall
    Options
    I'm a PhD student/ GTA... I've been a "college student" for more than 6 years straight now! Believe me, I've had my ups and downs, crazy schedules, stressful late nights, attempts at "dorm-cooking" and crazy roomies!

I'm always looking for new friends on here, so feel free to add me :)

Stats:
    5'2/ 38DD
    LW: 119 lbs. (2004) - junior year of high school
    HW: 179 lbs. (2009) - end of undergrad
    CW: 133.6 lbs. (2012)- 2nd semester of PhD

Final Goal Weight: 115 lbs. & TONED!
  • shella85
    Options
    Hey =] I am a college freshman who is worried about counting calories and having the time to work out once school starts back up next week.

Any success stories? Or people like me out there trying to make a dining plan work?

I'm currently a senior but when I was a freshman, I managed to go from 185 to 160. I didn't want to be a part of the dreaded "Freshman 15" where most freshman gain 15 pounds their first year. Some of the things I did was I ate healthy cereal for breakfast and dinner (i.e. Special K, Fiber One, Multi-Grain Cheerios) and eat a salad with either vinaigrette or italian dressing. For snacks, I ate real fruit (i.e. whole strawberries, blueberries, bananas, etc.), munched on veggies (i.e. celery, carrots, broccoli), or eat one yoplait yogurt. You should keep your snacks below 100 calories.

I joined mfp in October because I have gained all my weight plus more because last year was the first year I've ever had to go to school AND work. Stress is a huge part of gaining weight but exercise keeps your stress hormone (cortisol) down because too much cortisol causes weight gain.

Another option for snacks (which they didn't have when I started losing weight) are cereal bars! I recommend Nature Valley because they keep me full inbetween meals. There are Special K and Fiber One bars too. I wish you all of the luck with your weight loss!!
  • katieg2289
    Options
    I'm in college, too!! I don't live in a dorm or anything, I live at home with my mom. But still, I'm in college! :) Add me if you would like!! :D
  • Csb9663
    Options
    I'm a sophomore in college.. It really helps to have friends on MFP! I have been more committed since I started adding friends on here.

My weakness is definitely going out. I'm still struggling to make healthier choices, and it's worse when MFP does not have a certain menu in their system. I have learned it's better to NOT go out. When deciding, I ask myself, "Would you rather have this pizza that is going to taste good for five minutes, or have the body and health that you have wanted all your life?" MIND almost always wins over matter!

Add me as a friend and we can help each other out!

Best wishes :)
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hey, college student here.

It's definitely not as easy counting calories/exercise once you're in school, but I started my "weight loss adventure" in 4 months ago, and have lost 16 pounds. It's doable for sure.
  • iwannabefit8
    Options
    hello! i am just starting my weight loss. i am going into my second year at college. i have always been an average girl and there is nothing wrong with that but i just want the feeling of the clothes to fit, to be completely confident, and to have a really healthy lifestyle. these tips are really helpful as i am planning out my fall schedule!