Ideal weight for 5'7?

Options
What do you guys think the ideal weight and calorie intake should be for a girl who is 5'7? If you're 5'7, what's your UGW?

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I am aiming for 140lbs :heart: it's within the healthy weight range so once I get there will re-evaluate if needs be :wink:

I forgot the 2nd question lol I am working with 1250 cals :drinker:
  • kellymariiie
    kellymariiie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"! My weight as of this morning is 143. I look amazing at 135, but my ultimate goal at one point is 130! I'm at no means fat, my bmi is 22.5 I think. I just want to have slimmer thighs since I carry all my weight in my thighs and *kitten*!
  • skinnylove17
    Options
    I'm aiming somewhere between 125-130 as well! Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to find someone your own height:)
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I am the same height. I am a larger frame, so I have been advised by my doc. and dietician to shoot for the low 150's, aand re-evaluate when I get closer. I have fairly muscular legs from carrying so much weight for years and from the exercises I do now, so I'll have to see when I get there.
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7". Once upon a time when I was 19 and in the army i weighed 145. I ran every morning, played on a volleyball team, practiced MMA, and was very athletic. My calorie range back then was around 1600-1800 but I used a lot of that on my activities. I hope to get back to that weight. I am 28 now and have a long way to go.
  • livetolove24
    livetolove24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and am kinda basing my healthy weight goals on what I learned in the past at weight watchers..for younger people, like under 30 the range they gave was 122-140 or something close to that so I'm aiming for 135...we shall see how that goes as I lose.
  • obviouslysubtle
    obviouslysubtle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 125-130. That seems reasonable because I'm pretty sure I sit on the border between a small and medium body frame. I might be happy with 135 if I'm carrying a lot of muscle. But since I hate exercising, that's probably not going to happen.
  • cahtchme
    cahtchme Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a larger bone structure (I joke that when I get slimmer, I'll be like a piece of plywood, thin but still wide!!!) and my first goal is to go from 300 (currently 285.2) to 180. If 180 still looks too much on me, we'll aim for lower. It's higher than what the BMI says, but I am of the opinion the BMI is a load of bull. XD
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I weigh 244 and i set my first goal to 200 lbs, once i hit that i will reset it to 170, then go from there, the last time i said more than 50 lbs i failed because it looked like an impossible goal. So my Dr advised i shot for more realistic goals like 40 lbs at a time, so that's what i am doing... But at 5'7 i was 150 and i looked pretty darned good.....
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm 175 lbs now, does not look good, and I am aiming for 150lbs, and once I get there my dream goal would be 140lbs.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am 185 now and think I look pretty good. I don't have any cellulite or fat rolls. I am aiming to get to a healthier BMI and get more toned, so my goal right now is 160. When I get there, I will re-evaluate.
  • rpeterman22
    rpeterman22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6'' and i thought i was the only girl who had issues with my butt and thighs.
    thank the lord i'm not!!!!!!!! i'm 143 and i'm working hard to try and get to 130 because that's where i look fantastic.
    i'm eating under 1200 calories a day.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, medium frame, muscular and huge boobs. My doctor and I agreed on 180 as a good goal for now. I am currently 230 but I had my husband hold my boobs while I weighed this morning and they weighed 8 pounds!! No wonder my poor back hurts!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Im 5'6 and 140 now. My goal is 132. Im eating 1200 a day :)
  • yulinerinwang
    yulinerinwang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, CW is 148, aiming 120 (probably would stop before that cuz my atheletic body type.. muscles are heavy!) Now I'm eating around 1700 calories a day, burn 2000 calories through my daily MMA training (running deficit on net calories).. MFP says I should eat 3500, but I can't stuff myself with so many foods..
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my weight now is 127. Thats where I feel comfortable. Everyone is different!!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6'' and i thought i was the only girl who had issues with my butt and thighs.
    thank the lord i'm not!!!!!!!! i'm 143 and i'm working hard to try and get to 130 because that's where i look fantastic.
    i'm eating under 1200 calories a day.

Try upping your calories, you will have MUCH more success!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm around 128ish and while I have no desire to simply "get skinny" I do have a little bit of fat to lose yet (primarily belly, love handles, and thighs). I don't know what my ultimate goal weight will be, but I can't imagine it'll be much lower than where it is now. We shall see!
  • ashleet1028
    ashleet1028 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Over the last year I have lost 41 pounds. I am 184 currently and I am hoping to get down to 160. I have giant boobs no matter what I weigh, and look weird if I get smaller than that. Lol. Last time I weighed 160 I was a size 8. I looked great at that weight. I am eating 1200-1350 calories a day and workout about 3-5x a week. Love reading about people that are my height. ; )
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" with a fairly small bone structure. My goal is currently 132 (I'm at 135), but I may adjust down to 130. I'm pretty happy with my size now, but I definitely want to firm up a lot!

Oh, and my calories are set at 1410, plus I try to eat my exercise calories, although I can't always eat them all. I'm losing about .5 to .75 pounds per week.