any other engineering students/engineers here?

Options
I'm a mechanical engineering student with focus in biology/biomechanics :) whole lot of time spend studying meaning not a lot of time to find quick/healthy foods! feel free to add me :D

or any bio students, or any science students, or anyone really?? just looking for friends, not trying to be selective :P

Replies

• TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Software engineer here.... not much time to be active stuck in front of a monitor all day....
  • nyyrule
    nyyrule Posts: 28
    Options
    Amen to that. I'm a Senior Software Engineer and it's tough.

What I've been doing is just getting up and walking a lap or two around the floor whenever something stressful comes up.... that or going outside for a walk. It's definitely helped from both a physical and mental standpoint.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    yes! i am a junior civil engineering student, want to get into geotechnical after graduation (possibly with my internship this summer too if i get it)

i find the hardest thing is getting enough sleep.....
  • Atech007
    Atech007 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • Atech007
    Atech007 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bioengineering student here..

I'm just glad that I only have one semester left (it has been a tough road!).

I try to think of going to the gym as a fun experience where I can release all my stress and give my brain a break from thinking so much all the time (deadlines, tests, quizzes, relationships, etc). I find it helpful to get my exercise early in the morning and for the days where I can't or don't find time for the gym, I try to at least get some jumping jacks, pushups, and situps done. All while using myfitnesspal to stay close to my calorie goal.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Last semester of biomedical engineeing B.S. Than *possibly* grad school or just start working :)
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Software engineer here :)
  • bsalis76
    Options
    Another software engineer here.

However, lets be honest, calling ourselves engineers is a bit like economists calling themselves scientists.
  • Aaloo79
    Aaloo79 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi,
    Yep, another software engineer here who finally acknowledged the engineering behind body...:laugh:
    Damn last 10 years of sitting in front of monitors :explode:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Not an engineer myself but I'm a science and technology journalist and spent most of my career with a well-known engineering magazine :smile:
  • sandrakarinab
    sandrakarinab Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Electrical engineer here.
    Don't know that I struggle more with eating than any other profession. Can survive on coffee if I have to at work. Problems start when I stop work....and I start with the wine, while i cook a healthy dinner, then move on to the non-stop snacking with more wine until bedtime. :-(
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    mechanical engineer here. Spent my life since 1998 in front of a computer for the most part. I love my job, hate my weight. So I'm fixing that problem.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Don't know that I struggle more with eating than any other profession. Can survive on coffee if I have to at work. Problems start when I stop work....and I start with the wine, while i cook a healthy dinner, then move on to the non-stop snacking with more wine until bedtime. :-(

oh man I know what you mean. I can't ever seem to have just one beer/one glass of wine. :( it's a total killer!!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have a degree in Biology, but now I work in an engineering field. We may have a lot in common!
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

oh man I know what you mean. I can't ever seem to have just one beer/one glass of wine. :( it's a total killer!!

totally know that....its work hard party harder at my (~90% engineering) school
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I'm a geotechnical engineer and also going for a Master's in geotechnical engineering.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm an aerospace/mechanical engineer! Whooot go enginerds! I do structure design for commercial satellites. I definitely gained weight in college from the crazy coursework I had... and of course you have to party hard on the weekends to balance it out. I graduated 2 years ago last month and I've completely turned around my habits. Having a desk job would not have made things any better after college if I didn't start working out and eating right.
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Mechanical/Project Engineer here. Feel free to add me!

I've had to work in some exercise over my lunch break. Convenience foods are definitely always a temptation with work and 2 little ones.
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    I have a degree in Chemical Engineering but doing Petroleum Engineering work now.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Software dude here. The good news is that geeks/nerds make very good students and practitioners of healthy and fitness :drinker: