Will this magically pack on the pounds?

Quick, silly question.

I've been steadily upping my cals (I need to). But today I was pretty busy and ate a little more lightly than usual. Still very healthy, just a little light. I tracked down some of Stonyfield's nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt which has 100 cals per half cup. Looking at my micronutrients, I see that I need some good fats. If later tonight I have some fro yo and a spoonful of almond butter, as an after-dinner treat (it would not put me over my cals), will this activate that fat+sugar=flab thing that Tom Venuto talks about?

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Quick, silly question.

I've been steadily upping my cals (I need to). But today I was pretty busy and ate a little more lightly than usual. Still very healthy, just a little light. I tracked down some of Stonyfield's nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt which has 100 cals per half cup. Looking at my micronutrients, I see that I need some good fats. If later tonight I have some fro yo and a spoonful of almond butter, as an after-dinner treat (it would not put me over my cals), will this activate that fat+sugar=flab thing that Tom Venuto talks about?
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Quick, silly question.

Hehe. Probably. Tom Venuto rocks!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Who's Tom Menfuto? I'm so out of touch...
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    All natural body builder. Author of "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle." He's very renowned and his body is testament to what you can do following his principles. It's nothing revolutionary; just kinda lays it all out there. He gets pretty technical sometimes but it's definitely a good read. I think it might be an e-book only type thing...
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Who's Tom Menfuto? I'm so out of touch...
    time of the month
  • Phoenixflame
    Lol...well, I will have just run on the treadmill for 30 minutes and done 15 of stairmaster...I think I might just say "screw it" and enjoy my organic fro yo. I'm not going over my cals or any of my micros. But my planned dinner has protein and veggies, so I'm not going totally crazy.

I promised myself I'd reach 1350!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    1 day of eating ANYTHING (within reason) won't pack anything on.

The same way fasting for one day won't make you lose a ton of weight.
    It's a long term thing, if you did this every night for 2 weeks you might see a slight (very slight) difference, but one day? Nope, no way.
  • Phoenixflame
    Woo! Sometimes I feel a bit like a convert when it comes to nutrition. You know--more zealous than need be, to the point it gets blown a bit out of proportion.

Merci cheri!