anyone on a 1200 calorie diet

Looking for supporters, meal ideas, etc

Replies

• Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    I am - my diary is open to friends so feel free to add me :-)
  • i am trying to do 1200 calorie diet....I am working out like crazy and MFP is telling me to eat more. Id love to hear what you are doing :) PLEASE feel free to add me
  • yeah i am i eat lean gormet meals and yogurt, fruit, and wheat toast with 2 tbsp of almond butter if that helps
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    I never eat just 1200 cals; I think I would die, however, I do eat 1270 plus exercise calories 6 days/week, and then eat 1270 + 1250 spike cals on my rest day. This is for a net weekly deficit of 1750, or half pound loss.

You are welcome to look in my diary, and feel free to add me if you like.
  • I do 1200, my diary is public. Feel free to browse.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    i am trying to do 1200 calorie diet....I am working out like crazy and MFP is telling me to eat more. Id love to hear what you are doing :) PLEASE feel free to add me

You ARE supposed to eat more when you exercise. Your NET intake needs to be 1200.

Eating fewer calories than your BMR (find your BMR under tools, above) for an extended period of time will KEEP YOU FAT. If you don't know why, read here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

blessings.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    If you eat a 1200 calorie diet you will only have temporary weight loss. If you want permanent weight loss and to still lose weight just as fast you need to just eat healthy food... 1400-1500 you will lose just as much. If you eat that less amount of food your metabolism will slow down to make up for the nutrients and vitamins you are lacking from your diet.
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    I am 1200 on a non-exercise day, but I am trying to eat part of my exercise calories to not impact my metabolism and focus now more on being healthy rather than thin. My diary is also viewable to friends list if you would like to add me. I also like to post recipes that fall in this range as well
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    i am on a 1200 calorie diet. I eat 1200 + my exercise calories. I still eat my junk and or fast food...almost on a regular basis but making better choices on what I choose to eat. (Please dont preach there is no such thing...this is what is working for me). My free/spike/cheat days I still log ...but I dont really count. Do whatever I want on those days....its the only way to keep myself sane. Good luck
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    If you eat a 1200 calorie diet you will only have temporary weight loss. If you want permanent weight loss and to still lose weight just as fast you need to just eat healthy food... 1400-1500 you will lose just as much. If you eat that less amount of food your metabolism will slow down to make up for the nutrients and vitamins you are lacking from your diet.

I disagree. I have been eating at NET 1200 since March, and I have lost almost 45lbs, and gained very little back. It can be done, and successfully, but EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

Feel free to friend me and peek at my diary, it is open. Good luck!
  • me! My Diary is open too but lately I have been going over that because ive been burning alot exercising. Feel free to add/browse!
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member

That's really good to know. Glad I've upped my cals to 1400 then. I used to be on 1200. But I'd feel disheartened if I'd go over. So I thought 1400 was a bit more realistic. And I've had better luck then I did on 1200 cal limit, regarding my weight loss. So I say 1400 cals is a good amount.

Not sure if my diary is PUBLIC. I know it's open, but maybe to friends, not sure. People are welcome to add me.
  • mstankowski
    mstankowski Posts: 32 Member
    I'm trying my best to stick to 1200. I would love to share recipies. I have been working on finding 500 cal dinners.
  • I am doing 1200 and it works great for me. I have some tricks on how to feel full at that level. I may have to tweak some things as I go. We will see!
  • missescrawford
    missescrawford Posts: 23 Member
    I am also on 1200 and my diary is public to friends. happy to learn how to optimize the intake/workout plan with anyone interested. so, add me if you like. i am hoping to lose 2lbs per week.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    I'm 1200 and my diary is public as well.
  • katiescarlett987
    katiescarlett987 Posts: 1 Member
    I am and I eat a lot of Progresso Soup. It's good and it really fills me up!
  • meee!!!! Add me if you'd like to check out my food diary. i also try to stay away from carbs. they hav a lot of calories.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Me tooo...add me if you like it would be great to have more friends eating the same amount !!!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    I am and my diary is public. :bigsmile: