beauty and fashion

Options
Hi! I wanted to introduce myself. I like all of you am trying to shed some extra lbs....I live in NYC and have worked in the fashion and beauty industry(which is why I really need to shed some lbs) for over 10yrs. Anyhow, I wasn't expecting this, but I do notice a lot of fashion, beauty, makeup questions etc.

And although these do not necessarily help us lose weight, they do make us(women) feel beautiful and good about ourselves. There are lots of industry tricks of the trade to help accentuate beauty, I was going to ask everyone if a blog devoted to this topic on this site might be useful to all of you (men included). I would like to contribute, and this is one area I am confident in knowing my stuff! I am not promoting myself, I just want to help and support everyone the same way they support me!

Or if you think it might distract from our main mission(to get fit and healthy!!!) let me know. But everyone can feel free to send me a message if they have any questions! Thanks

xxoo

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi! I wanted to introduce myself. I like all of you am trying to shed some extra lbs....I live in NYC and have worked in the fashion and beauty industry(which is why I really need to shed some lbs) for over 10yrs. Anyhow, I wasn't expecting this, but I do notice a lot of fashion, beauty, makeup questions etc.

And although these do not necessarily help us lose weight, they do make us(women) feel beautiful and good about ourselves. There are lots of industry tricks of the trade to help accentuate beauty, I was going to ask everyone if a blog devoted to this topic on this site might be useful to all of you (men included). I would like to contribute, and this is one area I am confident in knowing my stuff! I am not promoting myself, I just want to help and support everyone the same way they support me!

Or if you think it might distract from our main mission(to get fit and healthy!!!) let me know. But everyone can feel free to send me a message if they have any questions! Thanks

xxoo
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options

xxoo

You could probably put a thread in chit-chat, fun and games...don't see why not.
  • tvon27
    tvon27 Posts: 9
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea. I have lots of questions.
  • tvon27
    Options
  • tvon27
    Options
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    I love fashion, so I would def love a thread on this topic!:heart:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I personally would enjoy reading about fashion and beauty. I always have make-up questions and how to dress. I am 44 and I want to look nice and dress fashionably but I have no interest in dressing like I am 20! :blushing: A blog would be perfect, IMHO

Thanks for thinking of this.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    ok great, I'll start a blog tomorrow!!! xxoo