I have just about 200 pounds to lose.

Options
I weigh myself every morning to see if the is any progress and I'm disappointed with the results. I started last weekend at 333. This morning I was 327.2 and I was so bummed. I don't know if I watch too much Biggest Loser or what. I just thought that since I had so much weight to lose then it would come off a lot more quickly than it is. Anyway, are there any other people out there that have more than 100 pounds to lose and are totally overwhelmed by it? I feel like it's possible, but I'm just ready to be thin NOW.:grumble:

Replies

• MommyWilson
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning to see if the is any progress and I'm disappointed with the results. I started last weekend at 333. This morning I was 327.2 and I was so bummed. I don't know if I watch too much Biggest Loser or what. I just thought that since I had so much weight to lose then it would come off a lot more quickly than it is. Anyway, are there any other people out there that have more than 100 pounds to lose and are totally overwhelmed by it? I feel like it's possible, but I'm just ready to be thin NOW.:grumble:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    6 pounds is awesome for one week! Remember the bl people work out alllll day that it there job so don't get discouraged, you can do it!!!

~Leash
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    My first piece of advice would be to Step Away From The Scale....for at least a couple of weeks. Your body is making changes. Sometimes it holds on to the water for long periods of time then all of a sudden 5 pounds are gone.

Just remember days adds up to weeks and months and next thing you know you will be 100 pounds lighter. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    You just need to get in the mind set that you didn't put the weight on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight either. 6lbs is a wonderful start. Just take it one day at a time and 1 lb at a time. You can do it!

Keep up the great work!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Mommywilson ~ you definately watch too much biggest loser ~ You just lost 6 pounds in a week!!! That is AMAZING! Please don't get discouraged! Unless you are living in the biggest loser house, I don't think you can lose the kind of weight they lose - remember - they work out like six hours a day with a trainer and have ONLY healthy choice foods available to them and everybody in the house in on the same plan, same workout, same schedule.

The rest of us live in the real world - and you, my dear, just had a fabulous week of weight loss! I'm proud of you ~ keep it up! Drink your water, log your food, and move your body! I can't wait to see how this goes for you!! Yayyyyy you!!!!:bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    sweetie they say it is not good to weigh yourself everyday. They say that you can gain muscle and lose inches before you start to actually lose weight.. I felt the same way I weigh 317 and I felt I wasnt going any where but finally got on the scale and i only lost 2 pounds but I am going to get measured next tuesday.. Just dont get discouraged It will all work out as long as you stick with it.. stay positive..

Sheila :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    :tongue: You did AWESOME!
    I think that the Biggest Loser leads people that are doing great to feel like they are not doing enough!
    5lbs. I awesome ... if I lost 5lbs in a week it would be b/c I cut off an arm or something! Do not get discouraged.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    6 lbs is great!! And much more "real world" loss.

The BL is a TV show and the amount of time they spend exercising and having every little bite monitored is what gives them those HUGE losses.

You can still lose WELL but don't have your expectations so high. Trust ME when I say that slow and steady (and healthy) is the way to go.

It might take a little while but by taking it a week at a time, you will be surprised how fast those smaller, healthier losses add up and as you keep losing you will feel better and better AND learn in the process. You are going to learn a new way of eating, exercising, portion control, etc. so when you DO reach your goal, you are going to be living an entirely different lifestyle and have the confidence to keep it up forever! :flowerforyou:

Best of luck! You can do this!!

-Tami
  • Stacey82
    Stacey82 Posts: 69
    Options
    I started out with 74 lbs to get rid of, I'm down just over 10 now. I've been doing this for almost a month and I didn't lose anything at all my first two weeks here, then one morning when I got on the scale I was down 4 lbs from the day before. It's been stressful not to see the quick progress I had expected right off the bat...especially since my husband has lost almost 25 lbs and he's only been doing this for two weeks!...but I just keep reminding myself that I'm doing this for the right reasons and that I'm doing something good for myself, even if the scale doesn't tell me what I want to hear!

Just keep telling yourself that this is good for you, you're going to be healthier no matter what, so who cares what the scale says! I tell myself that(OUT LOUD) every time I get ready to step on the scale and it seems to help.

Good luck, you can do this!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    :tongue: You did AWESOME!
    I think that the Biggest Loser leads people that are doing great to feel like they are not doing enough!
    5lbs. I awesome ... if I lost 5lbs in a week it would be b/c I cut off an arm or something! Do not get discouraged.

I agree.. It's not realistic to lose that much weight in the "normal" world....

What your doing is great.. Keep it up... and STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE... even on BL they only weigh once a week... or make us think that!!!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    SIX POUNDS IN A WEEK!!! HOLY COW!!!!! Why do you feel like that is not good enough---that is freaking awesome!!!!! REmember you didn't gain it all in one year and it will take you time to get it off---but think you have already met a ONE MONTH weight loss goal. I went through the calendar and marked the weight loss goal for each week at TWO pounds a week. I started January 2/09. I have already MET MARCH goal and trying to stay ahead---look at it as SUCCESS NOT FAILURE!!!
    123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    one of many important things to getting a goal accomplished like this one is to keep a healthy sense of humor...that dang scale is evil, we all know it and we all worship the monster anyway,,,,go figure,,,you will mess up and get ticked and get blue and get mad ....good.....but remember....you are not alone and it can be fun if you let it....take your time...stay positive...it will happen
    good luck
    Dave:smile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I too have about that much weight to lose. It does seem overwhelming to me at times. I just try and take it one day at a time. This is not a race it's a lifestyle change. I would love to be your buddy and compare notes on exercise and such. Cindy
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    You just need to get in the mind set that you didn't put the weight on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight either. 6lbs is a wonderful start. Just take it one day at a time and 1 lb at a time. You can do it!

Keep up the great work!

+1...6 pounds in one week is huge! I lost 7lbs in the first week and since then have been averaging about 2-3 pounds per week.

Also, +1 on the post above this one about not stepping on the scale every day...that's the WORST thing you can do! Your body weight will fluctuate on a daily basis (especially with women what with that whole "magical time of the month" thing). So, try stepping on the scale once a week...and be consistent with the way you do it.

I always make sure to weigh myself on the same day each week, and always after I (nearly) kill myself on the elliptical for 40 minutes - but it's consistent every single time!

As it was said here (and it's been said over and over and OVER again) you didn't gain the weight all at once, so don't expect to LOSE it all at once! :happy:

Best of luck and keep up the good work!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I can relate ...do you have a plan of attack daily such as times and what type of excercise you will do? It really helps to be prepared and have everything in writing...dont be afraid to push yourself physically as long as your Doc approves..many of us stick with our comfort level which in my opinion could hinder results...good luck in your journey and congrats on your weight loss thus far
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

That is great for losing 6 pounds in one week. Just think about maybe trying to stick to a weigh in one time a week. I know it is hard because I was weighing in every morning when I got up. I did get frustrated when I saw that i was gaining weight. Just think that it is going to be a journey and you didn't put the weight on over night and it will take time to get it off. I am here if you need someone to talk to then I am here for you.

Keep up the great work girl!!!!!!!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    When I started, I had 190 pounds to lose to reach my first goal...trust me, it is intimidating...I just started in July, and here I am a third of the way toward my goal...I've been struggling big time lately, but let me tell you...living the first 25 years of my life fat was no fun...so I'm committing the next two years to losing this weight slowly but steadily...so that my next 25 years will be AMAZING! You can do this...we all can!