Weight loss from C25K?

Options
Hi guys,

I've taken up C25K (2/3 way through week 2)... was wondering if anyone had successful weight loss just from doing C25K and eating their daily calorie allowance? I'm hopeful this will work for me :) Thanks.

Replies

• mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I understand the question. You can lose weight with no exercise. Exercise just makes that weight loss a bit easier.

I did a modified C25K and have lost weight (and I ate my exercise calories back). However, c25k is only 3 days a week. I would exercise at least 5 days a week, hiking with the dogs or something active on the days I wasn't running.
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I guess what I'm hoping is that I don't have to do anything other than C25K and eating properly to see an improvement. I see so many people doing crazy work outs... I'm wondering if I'm going to see results without doing that.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You may want to eventually change it up....but to answer your question, yes.
  • aigo86
    aigo86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do the C25K three days a week and another day of cardio usually walking 3.5 at a 4.0 incline. But with each of those days I do squats, triceps, and biceps, and then an ab workout to strengthen my core muscles! Usually about an hour a day! :)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    You definitely can see results. I think a lot of people start off doing 2-3 days exercise a week, nothing wrong with that. Many people (like me) like to eat more though, and getting more exercise into your routine is the only way to do that :) Plus the health benefits of doing more exercise are great and it truly does become its own reward - you'll like how you feel more when you exercise regularly... and some of us even get the DT's when they miss a few days =D
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    You should be able to lose weight as long as you stay within your calorie allowance. :smile: Don't worry about the crazy workouts.

My favorite thing about running and c2k5 is how great I feel whenever I reach another milestone (Like the first time I ran 2, 3 or 4 miles without stopping, or when I run one of those increments at a faster time). Those mental boosts will make me even happier than I am when I lose weight.

Enjoy c25k! I did!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Losing WEIGHT is a straight calories in vs calories out. So no matter if you are doing C25K or nothing, so long as there is a calorie defecit, you will lose WEIGHT.
    I started running and while I saw a bit of a change in my body, it wasn't anything like before/after pictures you see here. I want to change my SHAPE, so I'm adding weight training as well to a program to train for a 1/2 marathon in September.
    I hope by Sept 2(when the race is) that I'll be able to post before/after pics like some here with a real change--but it will have been the magic mix of cardio, diet and strength that did it.
    This was posted here and has been a great inspiration to me:http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
    Proof that what number is on the scale doesn't matter in the long run if you want to change your SHAPE.