Is anyone familiar with Acai Berries?

Options
I've been hearing so much about the Acai Berry diet and I wonder if it's all it's made out to be. Does anyone have personal experience and/or success?

Replies

• Truliesaphfire
    Options
    I've been hearing so much about the Acai Berry diet and I wonder if it's all it's made out to be. Does anyone have personal experience and/or success?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    we used to have a rabbit called Lenny...he made alot of berries but we just sccoped em into the trash
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Watch out alot of the wed sites that you can order from are scams. I was scamed and I have heard others were. As for the Berries I'm not sure if they work or not.
  • ktndj82104
    Options
    My friend has been taking acai berries not sure which one since they have lots out there but she has been losing. I just got some to try but I just started it so I don't know if it will work for me or not.
  • bitty_401
    bitty_401 Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm using them.They are kinf of expensive for what they are but they suppress your appetite.For that I'm sure.No craving at all.I just got a trial and they charge me before the 14 days 78 dollars.So I'm taking a legal advice about it.Someone has to stop what they are doing.nothing is free as they advertise.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    Yes, they are very good for you! Tons of health benefits! The best way to eat them is to get them in the frozen food section pureed(not sweetened) in smoothie packets. Whole foods etc. carries them. I mix them in a blender with frozen strawberries or frozen peaches and some silken tofu and a little raw honey or agave nectar and it is delicious!!!!

ps...you dont have to order them, the grocery store has them pureed, try them, if you dont like them then no commitment!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    we used to have a rabbit called Lenny...he made alot of berries but we just sccoped em into the trash

:laugh:
  • Truliesaphfire
    Options
    I heard bad things about the free trials so I just went to a vitamin store and bought the pills myself. seems a lot cheaper that way anyways
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    I use them for about 1 week now combined with the south beach diet and i have lost 5lbs this week and they give me energy. Dont buy them online i have been ready what other people wrote you they are gonna pay 78 or them wow dont. I bought them at the health food store at my mall and they were 16$ and its the same thing as online they just try to rip you off. Good luck with them
  • mawhisnant
    Options
    You can also get them in a liquid mix = I have been drinking Tropicana Acai and Rasberry from Walmart. You can get them in the refridgerated section. It's tasty and since I have been drinking it (about 4 oz a day), I have been losing weight but I am also dieting & exercising so that helps too. The Acai Berry is found in the Amazon forrest and is supposed to be loaded with great nutrition. It got started in a product call Monavie. You purchase that from a home sales person - kinda like an Avon or Tupperware deal and it's very expensive.
  • IDGIE
    IDGIE Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't get caught up in the Monavie pyramid scam. You can by the berries at grocery stores in packages and in juices.