Body shape

Options
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on body shape and type of exercise to do. I have been researching it. I am VERY apple shaped, which drives me nutso. If it weren't for my belly, I would be about 3 sizes smaller. Any thoughts??

Replies

• Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am a banana! Smaller top and bottom and a little thicker in the middle. I don't like my middle either.

I was thinking ab crunches of all kinds.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Apples unite!

I can't work out any more because of health issues, but when I could I found that high intensity cardio helped trim the belly fat. Incline treadmill or stair master, or outdoor hill hiking if you can do that type of thing. Belly fat is metabolically active and is one of the first places fat is pilfered for energy. So if you're really pushing the cardio, you'll notice it around the middle.

While core training won't trim fat, it will strengthen the muscles supporting your abdominal area and back, and sometimes that can influence shape.
  • polkkadotz
    Options
    Pear shape here.

I would be a size or two smaller if not for my hips and thighs! Inner thighs bug me the most... Stomach also bothers me, some days it'll look toned and others it'll look more padded than usual. Sigh. I wish I knew what workouts (that actually work) to do to reduce inner thighs and stomach fat... bum wouldn't hurt either. Been doing WiiFit Plus recently and have been definitely feeling its effects. Running in place doesn't really work though.