panda express

Options
Not even worth it!!! I was craving it and about ready to sacrifice everything I've worked for in the last uh... week (yah, i've only been a member for about a week). Anyway, I tried to be proactive and look up the calories BEFORE I ate it, and it was even worse than I thought. so is starbucks. seriously i feel like such a sucker for liking those foods.

Replies

• RhiannaMae
    Options
    Not even worth it!!! I was craving it and about ready to sacrifice everything I've worked for in the last uh... week (yah, i've only been a member for about a week). Anyway, I tried to be proactive and look up the calories BEFORE I ate it, and it was even worse than I thought. so is starbucks. seriously i feel like such a sucker for liking those foods.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    sodium is prob through the roof on panda express as well
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    Hey RhiannaMae, don't feel too bad. At least you looked it up before hand! I feel like a sucker too--because I ate some brownies today that were like SERIOUSLY crazy on the calories. I made them for my husband as a favor (he was supposed to bring some homemade treats to a Scout function) and I was good and only ate FOUR. Well, they were incredibly tiny--I cut them into 1 inch X 1 inch squares. But when I calculated the recipe on sparkpeople I was SHOCKED to see that each of my 1 X 1 brownies was 110 calories! Holy cow. Lesson learned! It happened early enough in the day that I could work around it calorie-wise, but now I am under on carbs and protein by a ridiculous amount and I had to sacrifice some nutritious snacks later on in the afternoon just to make the numbers add up. What a bummer! (Plus, these were the most incredible brownies I have ever eaten, so now I will be craving them I'm sure.)

The moral of this story, log it BEFORE you eat it! I'm proud of you, just one week in and you are working it like a pro. I've been here since January 5th (she says sheepishly...)