What time do you stop eating? (1 Week "Group" here?)

Options
Is there a certain time of night that you stop eating by?

I'm a night owl and late night binging is my weakness. So, for this 1 week, until next Thursday, I am not going to eat after 8pm. If I feel good about that, then I will keep it up. I figured we could check in about it here, and once the challenge is done, the thread will be done.

I thought, if anyone else struggles with the same thing, then we could all make this goal together, this week. It doesn't have to be 8pm for you, you can choose your own time. Whatever keeps you from late-night splurges. =b

Replies

• aigo86
    aigo86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    :) I just made a post about this! This is my worst habit! I dont know if its just boredom, or a bad habit that has formed over 6+ years, but this is my goal for next week! :) 8pm is my aim time as well!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I have my dessert at 8. However, I do not believe that eating late will cause you to gain weight. Binge eating late might cause weight gain though....
  • leezanicole
    Options
    Since losing weight, I try not to eat past 6 or 7pm. But before that.. ha.. I didn't care. At my last meal I drink lots of water to fill myself up.
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    Hah! What a coincidence! I've noticed that when its night and the world seems asleep outside, that eating somehow seems more forgivable. =\ Like, "while everyone else is asleep, my day is still going and so my body is burning more calories. I can do with another meal." But it's all liiiiesss. =b

Good luck! We can do this. :D
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am either no longer hungry, or have used up all my allowed calories. I don't care if I have my desert 20 mins before bed...
  • cassidygrooms
    Options
    I never eat after 7. I've experimented and found out I lose more weight if I do that. It sucks though, I could go for a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream right about now :)
  • aigo86
    aigo86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I never eat after 7. I've experimented and found out I lose more weight if I do that. It sucks though, I could go for a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream right about now :)

That is my FAVORITE!!!! you just haaaaaad to mention it ;) hahah. I will settle for some kiwi.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Wine o'clock is 9 o'clock. Does that count, so long as I don't binge while sipping?
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I often eat dinner around 7.30 or 8 because I work through the dinner hour. Haven't noticed a problem, but then I work out at night then as well so will stay under my cals
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    mcrowe- I have a hard time controlling my snack portions at night. =(

cassidygrooms- I know the feeling. Last night I went all out on the chocolate. I suffered from it today, though. Guilt-wise and just...not-healthy-feeling-wise. D:
  • ParisArkw
    Options
    Wine o'clock is 9 o'clock. Does that count, so long as I don't binge while sipping?
    Absolutely!
  • MsFat2Fit
    Options
    Total calories do matter - at the moment I'm counting the calories and if I still have spare ones in the evening; I will enjoy - also you shouldn't eat too little during the day!

I could never ever stop eating at 6pm since I still have many hours to go; ok usually I don't wake up before 8am so that matters as well.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Why not save more calories for later at night then? So you don't deprive yourself and end up binging
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE sugarholic. Every night I have something sweet (usually two snack size ice cream sandwiches from weight watchers).

This helps me in a few ways. 1) After a week or two, your mind will get used to that snack being the last thing you eat, and the cravings will go away. 2) I won't want as many sweets during the day because I know I will getting my chocolate later in the evening.
  • waanju
    waanju Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll eat at night if I still have calories left. It's not as though your body knows that it's dark when you're eating. In fact, we're designed to load up before bed... just look at other mammals (bears and such). HOWEVER, that said, I don't usually have calories left, and I tend to go for unhealthy/too much food after dinner. Since I eat dinner around 8-8:30 (I'm in school until then) I usually don't eat past 9.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Cutting off the food has worked for me in the past. Lately, though what I do is have something healthier as a late night snack. I've started making salads late at night, but it has to have some crunch to it.

So I eat any lettuce (usually pre-made, bag), with chopped scallions or regular onions, grape tomatoes, Stella blue cheese (1/4 cup), a small serving of walnut pieces, and sometimes craisins. I use a Tablespoon or two of Marie's raspberry vinaigratte.

This satisfies my sweet tooth and also gives me something crunchy. I've never been able to eat salad instead of a meal, since it doesn't fill me up. But at night, it gives me something I really enjoy. It sounds a little nutty to me, since I never really liked salad that much in the past.

I've also discovered green tea. Trader Joe's has a raspberry flavored green tea (it's pricey, but worth it). It's also very satisfying. I don't sweeten it at all, and it tastes delicious.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am up until midnight on a normal basis.. Particularly when I go back to school next week..

I'm going to try not to eat past 9pm.. 10 pm if I have enough homework to keep me up later. Dinner is usually so early for me (5 pm) due to the dining hall rush... so I end up eating cause I am hungry at 8 or 9 at night when dinner has worn off... So my challenge is to stock up on only healthy snacks and lots of water to keep me full =)
  • priscillaxD
    Options
    i try to stop eating after 7 and drink a lot of water.
  • mistersmithsbox
    Options
    1159. Ha. My clock runs 1200am - 1159pm. If I have the calories to use, I'll use them. I've often found myself, however, either hurying to finish before midnight or figuring out how much is left to count on the next day.

But it works for me. This way I have more cals at night than in the day and I don't feel like I have to binge my face off.
  • OneTooManyTacos
    Options
    my goal is before 9 pm