Need help...

Options
Nessc
Nessc Posts: 137 Member
Tonight, being Tuesday, my church had a dinner and we fed some college students who were in the area doing good Samaritan jobs for those less fortunate. At the dinner, there was this desert that had crumbled up Angel food cake, with French vanilla pudding and strawberry slices on top. Does anybody know what this recipe is called? I only had a taste of it, but I'm wanting to log it into my food diary anyway. Please respond if you know the name of this recipe so that I can find out the number of calories, etc. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• Nessc
    Options
    Tonight, being Tuesday, my church had a dinner and we fed some college students who were in the area doing good Samaritan jobs for those less fortunate. At the dinner, there was this desert that had crumbled up Angel food cake, with French vanilla pudding and strawberry slices on top. Does anybody know what this recipe is called? I only had a taste of it, but I'm wanting to log it into my food diary anyway. Please respond if you know the name of this recipe so that I can find out the number of calories, etc. Thanks! :smile:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    you can add everything separately, the cake, the berries and the pudding, then save it as a meal, that way you can go back to it next time you have it.
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I agree too will be easier to log it that way since you dont know what it is.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it sounds like a "trifle" to me. But there are so many varieties that that won't really help you. Try logging it by ingredient or don't bother at all. one dessert, one day.... not gonna matter much in the long run :flowerforyou:
  • Nessc
    Options
    it sounds like a "trifle" to me. But there are so many varieties that that won't really help you. Try logging it by ingredient or don't bother at all. one dessert, one day.... not gonna matter much in the long run :flowerforyou:

I honestly only had maybe a tablespoon of the desert just to see what it tasted like. I was told that it was a good low calorie desert that even people who are diabetics can have it and not have to worry with their sugar going high. Thanks to everyone who has replied thus far.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

I honestly only had maybe a tablespoon of the desert just to see what it tasted like. I was told that it was a good low calorie desert that even people who are diabetics can have it and not have to worry with their sugar going high. Thanks to everyone who has replied thus far.

yep, must be a trifle. It's basically just a layered dessert. SOme use whipped cream or cool whip, jello cubes, broken canday bars or cookies, or chunks of cake, some use pie filling, fresh fruit, pudding. There are infinite possibilities. Once my friend's mom made one at Chrismas time. it was chunks of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, broken bits of candy cane, and cool whip all layered together. :laugh: it was amazing. not quite low cal though. They can be made pretty low cal depending on what you decide to use.
  • Nessc
    Options

yep, must be a trifle. It's basically just a layered dessert. SOme use whipped cream or cool whip, jello cubes, broken canday bars or cookies, or chunks of cake, some use pie filling, fresh fruit, pudding. There are infinite possibilities. Once my friend's mom made one at Chrismas time. it was chunks of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, broken bits of candy cane, and cool whip all layered together. :laugh: it was amazing. not quite low cal though. They can be made pretty low cal depending on what you decide to use.

Yeah, my mom told me that some people put cool whip on top, but this particular one didn't have any. It certainly was delicious!!! whether it was good or bad on the cals!!! :happy: