I HATE GIRLS!!!! They are soooo mean!

Options
ColeyBear08
ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
A girl posted a screen shot of a kid explaining an incident where he had been routinely touched sexually by their gym teacher, thinking it was just a routine health check and was puzzled why no one else seemed to remember it. Another person replied say "Dude, you were molested." It also came from a website call thatfunnything.com so I was sure that her reason for posting it was because she thought it was funny. I privately messaged her saying how I found it offensive and that I don't believe the sexually abuse of a child is anything to make light of and I feel very strongly about this due to the recent events at my school, PSU. She decided to screen capture my private message (including my picture) to her blog and harass me in front of all her followers.

You can't win... You get scrutinized for "allowing" a child molester to commit criminal acts on campus (as if I knew about such events or even went to Penn State while he was even here) and then you get scrutinized for speaking out against it.

Replies

• Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this happened to you, but I think you were right to speak up. Bravo.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A girl posted a screen shot of a kid explaining an incident where he had been routinely touched sexually by their gym teacher, thinking it was just a routine health check and was puzzled why no one else seemed to remember it. Another person replied say "Dude, you were molested." It also came from a website call thatfunnything.com so I was sure that her reason for posting it was because she thought it was funny. I privately messaged her saying how I found it offensive and that I don't believe the sexually abuse of a child is anything to make light of and I feel very strongly about this due to the recent events at my school, PSU. She decided to screen capture my private message (including my picture) to her blog and harass me in front of all her followers.

You can't win... You get scrutinized for "allowing" a child molester to commit criminal acts on campus (as if I knew about such events or even went to Penn State while he was even here) and then you get scrutinized for speaking out against it.

I think her actions pretty much sum her up in one word...........a!@#hole. Don't let it get you down girl. Report it to the mods and let them take it from there.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Her reply was out of pure embarassment at being caught doing something distasteful and then being called out on it. Be proud that you had the courage to tell her how you feel and move on. As much as we want to, we can't fix everyone. Hopefully she will ponder your statement when she is done being embarassed and change her tune.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Not all girls are like that, but I get where you are coming from. Despicable... and I am being really nice.
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    maybe she's the child molester..
    she obversely doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with it.
    bloody child perdo's!
    & it only showed that she has no brain but to put it up on public *your mail* so she can feel powered by other perdo's support!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Props to you for taking it directly to her rather than blast it openly. It shows a great level of thought and respect. As for her, I am sure there are many that will look at her and shake their head in dismay
  • branflake5
    Options
    Sounds like this girl has some serious issues. And you did the right thing by speaking up, I would have done the same thing. and as for her trying to make you look like the bad guy well any person with any common sense or humanity who read her blog would surely see that she is a complete idiot. Don't even let her get to you, she is so not worth it.
  • silentnacht
    Options
    Even though that girl shouldn't have responded that way, you shouldn't make generalizations like "I hate girls" because of it. It's sexist and just as offensive as the screenshot you complained about being used as humor.
  • branflake5
    Options
    Her reply was out of pure embarassment at being caught doing something distasteful and then being called out on it. Be proud that you had the courage to tell her how you feel and move on. As much as we want to, we can't fix everyone. Hopefully she will ponder your statement when she is done being embarassed and change her tune.

^^like^^
    well said!!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a bit of sexism and internalized misogyny in the late afternoon. Stop that.
  • SouthernBeauty89
    Options
    People in general can be so cruel & blind. I'm really sorry that this happened to you. If I were you I wouldn't bother reading any comments she makes here on out on her blog/page or the comments by her followers. There is nothing you can do now & it'd only make you more upset. Just forget about her if possible. She obviously has nothing better to do with her time. Kudos to you for speaking up though! Very brave thing to do!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an attention *kitten* to me.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I agree with Awake_Alive. Good for you for speaking up...Although I don't quite understand the situation, the blogger sounds like a nitwit. If you feel that she violated privacy policies by screen capturing your picture and private message, you could probably report her to the site that hosts the blog.

PS You DO win...for being a strong young person who stands up for others. Be proud of that. :drinker:
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I'm really distraught about this and was starting to wonder if I even did the right thing or was just over reacting.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    that sucks
  • Even though that girl shouldn't have responded that way, you shouldn't make generalizations like "I hate girls" because of it. It's sexist and just as offensive as the screenshot you complained about being used as humor.

Yeah, that.
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    a girl like her wont get far in life and karma is a ***** she will have what she needs coming to her in time. dont stress over it wipe it off but good for you! FOR STEPPING UP! you will get a life reward for sure! :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Sexism? Really? I doubt the OP actually hates all girls and thinks they are all mean. Its a title that grabs attention. I know I have said when I was upset "I hate guys. They are all cheaters!" Did I mean it? No. Sheesh lol

@ColeyBear08 I think you certainly did the right thing and I know many people were probably thinking the same. Sorry you had to put up with that!
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing and well done you for actually being aware of what's wrong with the situation. I hope that the poster on the "funny" website doesn't have children... lack of insight much?!
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    Even though that girl shouldn't have responded that way, you shouldn't make generalizations like "I hate girls" because of it. It's sexist and just as offensive as the screenshot you complained about being used as humor.

Even though I'm a female and I'm sexist against my own sex... It was simply an observation I've made from many years of experience and interactions with my sex. I was making a statistical generalization (which is all statistical conclusions we use in academia) about the sample I've encountered. I'm sorry if I've offended you... I'm quickly learning you can't please them all :-)