Stress Eating

Options
So, I am a college student and have three exams this week on top of working two jobs. I tend to eat when I am stressed out, even though I know I shouldnt be. Any suggestions as to how to avoid stress eating?

Replies

• blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    So, I am a college student and have three exams this week on top of working two jobs. I tend to eat when I am stressed out, even though I know I shouldnt be. Any suggestions as to how to avoid stress eating?
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Chew sugarless gum...

Or just go ahead and stress eat - raw carrots, celery, etc. Chew away on something that's good for you.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Take some time out and workout for about 30 minutes and think of how many calories are in a cookie or 1oz of chips compared to healthier foods such as fruit and vegies. You will stop eating them at once.
  • meghanttu08
    meghanttu08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    been there before! what i did was find time to go to my college's rec center. it was open 6am-midnight so there was time for me to go. i would go work out which releases stress for me before i went to study. it helped me a lot and i could concentrate more. plus after i worked out i didn't want a lot to eat. i took my stres out on the weights instead of munchies.
  • meghanttu08
    Options
    been there before! what i did was find time to go to my college's rec center. it was open 6am-midnight so there was time for me to go. i would go work out which releases stress for me before i went to study. it helped me a lot and i could concentrate more. plus after i worked out i didn't want a lot to eat. i took my stres out on the weights instead of munchies.
  • meghanttu08
    Options
    idk why it posted it twice......i didn't click on the post reply twice :(
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    sometimes i go to the library for hours at a time because food isnt allowed there haha
  • tedandcoopersmom
    Options
    How bout cutting up some fruit, or making a smoothie or EVEN sugarless gum or sugarless hard candies? Its not about NOT eating....its about POSITIVE food choices!!!!!
  • blum0133
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! Those were all very helpful :smile:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Also those 100 calorie popcorn bags are good. Concentrate on eating one kernel at a time. Takes a long time to eat and only 100 calories.
  • blum0133
    Options
    Yeah, I really have a hard time eating slow when I am stressed. I know I am supposed to eat slow so I can feel myself getting full, but I get on this high speed mode and end up eating really fast and too much.