Let's talk about before.. My typical Taco Bell Order

Options

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Dang, dude! Let's talk about after, what do you get now? I love the Fresco menu, it's actually better than the regular stuff.

It is still crap, sub par food (if you want to call it food).............
  • Grokette
    Options
    I wish we had Taco Bell over here in England, I love Mexican stuff!!!!!!!!

We now have Chipotle in the UK which must be just as bad?

Chipotle is actually better. Their ingredients are always fresh. Now, if you get the burrito loaded with cheese, sour cream etc.. of course it's going to be just as bad as Taco Bell if not worse

There is nothing unhealthy about cheese or sour cream. The flour tortilla and beans and way too much rice is what makes it unhealthy.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    One wonders how I survived.

Here's my typical Wendy's drive-thru order, usually late at night, several times a week... Sometimes I'd do this twice a day...

wendys.png

Here's one of my recent meals, for comparison:

food-log.png

ALL of that comes out to 2322 cal, 1354mg sodium, etc.. FAR less than what I was destroying myself with in recent years. You are right, it's a wonder how I managed to survive.

The last time I ate Wendy's was March 28th or so, of last year, and I didn't even order all of that - I skipped the chicken sandwich and nuggets. At that point, I had been working out every other day for 3-4 weeks, and eating it made me feel very sick. I was shaky, weak, cold, and sweaty, and I just wanted to throw up. In February, I had NO problem downing whatever I wanted. I couldn't even imagine trying to eat this today.
  • AJ1966
    AJ1966 Posts: 18
    Options
    This was my typical late night Whataburger order:

420 - Whataburger - Bacon Egg and Cheese Taquito
    420 - Whataburger - Bacon Egg and Cheese Taquito
    450 - Whataburger - Sausage Egg and Cheese Taquito
    450 - Whataburger - Sausage Egg and Cheese Taquito
    1650 - Whataburger - Double Meat Cheese Burger W/ Medium Fry and Medium Coke

I did TB and WB in the same day. And alcohol.

One wonders how I survived.

I would have two Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger delux, fries and a diet coke ( yeah like that was gonna help my calories). Five Guys is my temptation and its hard driving by without wanting to indulge in a delux burger:cry:
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Just goes to show you that while exercise is key to being healthy, weight loss really starts with the food ... if I burn 500-750 calories a day I'm very happy ... but that can't even begin to touch how many calories I was overeating before ... crazy when we think back ...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,710 Member
    Options
    530 - mexican pizza
    170 - soft taco
    270 - beef meximelt
    278 - bean buritto
    432 - beef burrito
    380 - large lemonade
    380 - chili cheese burrito

2440 calories. Yikes!!
    Here's my Taco Bell fix once a week.

3 Fresco chicken soft tacos-450 calories.

Yes you can still have fast food without going overboard.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    There is nothing unhealthy about cheese or sour cream. The flour tortilla and beans and way too much rice is what makes it unhealthy.

Agree on the cheese/sour cream, but stop with the grains/legumes is unhealthy nonsense
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to Taco Bell for YEARS because of a rude response they sent me by snail mail regarding the Fresco menu. so, i will be polite, since I will never give them my business again. to OP, that is quite a meal that you had before. I am relieved to see that you have become much smarter with your choices. LOL
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Bet they are sad they lost your business!
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    thanks for the post... now i want taco hell..ahhh..i havent had it in forever and really im over it..
    heres what i use to get

3 Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito calories: 480 each

or

2 Chalupa Baja – Beef 410 calories each

and if i was hungry add some cheese natchos or a soft taco to that (i always been a diet coke drinker so not so bad)

When I first moved out with my now husband we were 2 minutes from a taco bell and we ate there ALL the time... trust me we BOTH gained ALOOOOOT of weight... :( I had never looked up the calories im in shock...imagine days we ate there twice! ahhhh
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell got chucked into the category of "all of your local locations are gross and have multiple health violations."

Sooo...haven't had Taco Bell in a while.

We are getting a Chipotle soon, though, which rocks. Chipotle is far and away better quality.
  • Grokette
    Options

Agree on the cheese/sour cream, but stop with the grains/legumes is unhealthy nonsense

Do some reading and research on Phytates (anti-nutrients) and the inflammatory effect they have on the human body.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell was more of something my BF wanted back in the day, so I went along. I've never opted for the stuff myself, but when we'd go I would order a crunchwrap supreme (550 cal), and a drink. That's not awful, but I don't like the food much, there's got to be very little nutrients in it. Like the McDonalds of Burritos.
  • milehiguy
    milehiguy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would kill for a Whataburger right now. Or In-n-out for that matter.

Closest I have is 5 Guys.
    Last Saturday:

Little Hamburger 480
    Mushrooms 10
    Jalapenos 3
    Lettuce 4
    Pickles 5
    Cajun fries 620 (regular size-didn't know they do half servings)
    Water

I know it's not much comparatively speaking, but it's the biggest meal I've had since, started up again on mfp the next day after an 8 month absence. Wait this one meal is now all I budget for the whole day, yikes!!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I would kill for a Whataburger right now. Or In-n-out for that matter.

Closest I have is 5 Guys.
    Last Saturday:

Little Hamburger 480
    Mushrooms 10
    Jalapenos 3
    Lettuce 4
    Pickles 5
    Cajun fries 620 (regular size-didn't know they do half servings)
    Water

I know it's not much comparatively speaking, but it's the biggest meal I've had since, started up again on mfp the next day after an 8 month absence. Wait this one meal is now all I budget for the whole day, yikes!!

In N Out double double Protein style isn't all that bad (macronutrient-wise) for a meal. Around 500 cals and pretty filling, too.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I used to order a cheesy beef and potato burrito, 2 chalupas and a mexican pizza! Of course with a Dr. Pepper :) Now just fresco tacos for me!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating Taco Hell when I was hospitalized for salmonella poisoning off a chicken burrito when I was 18. I loved it before that though.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I wish we had Taco Bell over here in England, I love Mexican stuff!!!!!!!!

We do but only in 3 locations, Manchester is one of them. I'm going there on Saturday and want to have a taco bell but slightly put now after reading the calories haha Taco Bell AND Nando's.. maybe not the best idea lol!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    The Health Department closed the Taco Bell by my house. I didn't care to eat there but my teenage son loved their food & it was starting to show in his expanding waistline.
    So honestly, how good is their food if the place can be closed down by the Health Department? Just something to think about.

Any place can be closed by the Health Department. It has nothing to do with how good the food is. It has to do with the cleanliness of that particular restaurant.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I had 5 guys last night! 1/2 a little cheeseburger with mushrooms and half fries and water.