Exercise query

Options
Hey. I'm on a diet/exercise regime for the past week. I'm doing something different on exercise on a daily basis... so an aerobics/exercise class in the gym one day, then power walk, then cycling (stationary), then power walk, then cycling and finish with another aerobics/exercise class in the gym. Obviously I'm about as sore as can be and I'm dreading the final aerobics/exercise class on Saturday. My query to those who are more experienced than me is should I exercise tonight? Hubbie thinks I should rest tonight & tomorrow night and give my body a chance to normalise. I'm afraid that'll only make me stiffer for Saturday. Any thoughts?

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would rest but still stretch so that you don't stiffen up just don't stretch when your muscles are completely cold. Do a little warm up first.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just do an hour walk today. That is what I do on my rest day, walking or light yoga. My routine is like yours, something different each day. I found in the past the 1 rest day would turn into 2, then 3...I love doing at least 30 minutes of exercise each day, this keeps my motivation up because I tell myself "hey, you've done 15 days straight or working out, don't mess up today even if you feel a little lazy, don't break the streak!"

:) Hope that helps.
  • LittleMissTwin
    Options
    Thanks very much Girls. I will do something but not as vigorously as the past 5 days. Hopefully I will pass the pain threshold soon. xx