Please don't let me fail....

Options
I have been doing this for 3 months now and have lost weight every week consistantly and done pretty good i think. I am on a 1200 cal allowance and i have started the 30 DS 12 days ago. For some reason this week i keep eating rubbish and am undoing all my hard work. It started Monday when i had some wine and ordered pizza, then tuesday i ate the leftover pizza (lots), yesterday i was no better. I need to be better today but i thought this yesterday....and the day before...my scales say i have gained 4lb already! Although i know some of this is probably water weight because of the high sodium rubbish i've been stuffing my face with.

Any words of encouragement to stop me doing the same thing today? Why am i feeling so weak this week? Help :)

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it. But now the fun is over and it's time to get back on track. Don't feel guilty about it.
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm trying to get back on track now.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    So you had a couple of bad eating days, shrug it off and put it down to experience. Drink plenty of water to flush out all the salt and start again today. You can do it :flowerforyou:
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    We all have our days. Don't feel guilty, tomorrow is another day and you can get back on track! You can do it and those 4lb will be gone in no time :-)
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down! Just move forward! Think of how great it has felt to get this far! Don't give up on yourself!!! You are so worth it!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You've done brilliantly to lose over 30 pounds! A few days of slipping off track isn't going to ruin that.

I suggest you do some soul searching - *why* have you been giving in to temptation? What practical things can you change? What thoughts (like, I deserve it, it's only one slice, I'll exercise it off etc) do you need to counter? Are you feeling in need of comfort- if so, how else can you comfort yourself? Do you need more sleep, more water, more rest, more entertainment?

Also, I suggest you set a small goal and a reward i.e. stay under cals for a week - buy a new t shirt (or whatever).

I won't say 'good luck' 'cos you've proved that you can do it. :smile:
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Different things trigger emotions - for me anyways.. that's when i find myself eatting the crap - well, tomorrow is a new day - drink lots of water and get back on track . Dont worry about a few days, get back on the horse and remember how well you've been doing.

You can do this! be very proud of what you've done so far!
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for 3 months now and have lost weight every week consistantly and done pretty good i think. I am on a 1200 cal allowance and i have started the 30 DS 12 days ago. For some reason this week i keep eating rubbish and am undoing all my hard work. It started Monday when i had some wine and ordered pizza, then tuesday i ate the leftover pizza (lots), yesterday i was no better. I need to be better today but i thought this yesterday....and the day before...my scales say i have gained 4lb already! Although i know some of this is probably water weight because of the high sodium rubbish i've been stuffing my face with.

Any words of encouragement to stop me doing the same thing today? Why am i feeling so weak this week? Help :)

I'm in the same boat as you. I've lost 30lbs the last 3-4 months. I was on my period and decided it would be ok to order pizza 1 time. I ate 4 large slices... with ranch!
    Then I had a slice the next day. The last 3 days has been very difficult. I've been technically staying under my calorie max, but I've been eating too many unhealthy foods. I feel soooo hungry, and right now I really want pizza. :(
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i lost 30 pounds since september and have definitely had some big calorie days. but then the next day you just continue on. it takes A LOT to gain real weight in only a day.

keep up the good work!